Brewer Fanatic

Anyone else get the feeling Peterson wont be back with the Brewers?

BREWCREW5
Oh, I'm not saying I want the Brewers to hire yet another pitching coach. I'd like to see Peterson stay. I think the staff made good progress throughout the season and I like his philosophy. Plus, changing things again makes me nervous. Just commenting on the mediocre thing.
Got it. I also agree about keeping Peterson. The guy has had some success, the staff started to turn things around at the end of the season- and he's going to get paid anyway. I just don't want Roenecke to hire a crony that he's 'comfortable with'- I shouldn't have dropped 'mediocre' in there, because I don't care if the guy was a Cy Young winner, if he doesn't have a track record of coaching success at the MLB level, I don't want him. When managers hire a crony, it should be the first base coach or the bench coach (I guess the bullpen coach would apply too, but that one doesn't really mean anything. Maybe they should bring Castro back, so they have someone to communicate better with the Latino players.). True, guys like Maddux were 'unproven' when the Brewers hired them according to my definition, but that was a different team at the time coming off a 100 loss season.

i think peterson was fine for the second half. the staff was much better with a closer who wasn't blowing save after save and the rotation was healthier. i think he got a bad rap for the first 2 months of the season due to a horrible pen. Once the kids came up from Nashville, pitching was fine. I personally like to see him back but would like to know who Rags is considering before i completely endorse the move.

Archived