Brewer Fanatic

Jorge de la Rosa

It's been speculated that he could be a free agent target for the Brewers this season. Of course it would be interesting to bring him back after he was traded in 2006. Looking at his numbers over the past couple seasons, he would probably provide a sub 4.50 ERA and a WHIP around 1.30 or so. He's been pitching for the Rockies, who don't exactly play in a pitcher's park as well. Not sure what he would cost, though.

I honestly don't think it would be a bad idea to bring him back if he's willing to take a two year deal (he'll be 30 this coming year). What do you all think?
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I would not scream if they signed him reasonably. Problem I have is that he is a Type A free agent. I hate losing picks even if it would be our second rounder.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

It's somewhat intriguing, but I'd pass. I wouldn't want to buy high on a guy that was sold low and then have him implode again. I doubt that Melvin would either. It's kind of like that ex-girlfriend that you think about sometimes, then when you see her again, she is annoying the heck out of you again after 15 minutes. I could see DeLaRosa doing the same.... the fact is JDLR and the Brewers were probably just not meant to be together.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived