Brewer Fanatic

Ron Roenicke Hired as Manager

trwi7
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he wears #3 then I would once again have a player name for each of my neighborhood's bus route options. Currently I can choose from the Yount, McClendon, or Yost/Felipe Lopez buses on weekdays; Dickerson on weekends.

However, for now I'll guess #10...and we'll find out for sure very shortly.

Edit: Scooped by crewcrazy! /shaking fist/

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

How soon you forget Luis Cruz, trwi7.

I see his jersey is not buttoned. Maybe he'll take the Brewers beyond untucking. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Edit: He says we're gonna grind! That's almost like gritty or battling!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

trwi7

wrote:

Shouldn't that be written as an equation, complete with parentheses and

brackets?

Never. Math is not my

friend. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

[(21 - 17) + 39] - 40 = 3

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

You guys are going to be asking "why are you getting thrown out so much?"

"I guarantee we're going to score more runs by being aggressive."

This could be ugly.

He seriously said that? Ugh.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Despite all the steals talk, I'm actually more worried about him sacrifice bunting too much. At least with a steal you have a chance of a positive WPA.

I missed the presser, did he mention anything about bunting?

It's still ongoing.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Roenicke: "If you want to try a fake bunt and a double steal you do it. If it doesn't work out, oh well."
To be fair, he was talking about managing in the minor leagues and not having to answer to anybody down there when he said that.

I loved what Roenicke had to say. I'm glad that we'll be aggressive on the basepaths. We have the kind of team that can benefit from that, and we never saw anything close to that with Macha. I think he held us back a lot when it came to agression obviously. I also like that he'll bring in his own pitching coach who he thinks can get the job done, as well as other coaches. I really wasn't a huge fan of Peterson, so I won't be sad to see him go. I also love that Roenicke said he will make an effort to get to know all of his players and keep up on their lives. That's something that Macha definitely didn't do. He failed to get to know Prince and Braun as well, which were two of the guys that were most important to the team. Roenicke won't let a disconnect with his players happen, and I like that a lot. I am starting to get very optimistic about this hire.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Again, I'm not able to catch the presser, but from this thread, he's sounding even more small-ball than I hoped (in a bad way). I was really hoping he come with something a little more centrist, like "We'll play to the strengths of this team, one of which is their speed, which appeared untapped last season. We can make things happen on the basepaths when we need to, but I also understand this is one of the most powerful offenses in the league, and we don't want to stifle that with over-aggression."

I'm cool with stealing being a part of the offense. Sounds like RR thinks its the only part.

While the heavy emphasis on small ball today is a little concerning, he also said multiple times that he's not familiar with the strengths of this team. Everything he said about the offense was based around what Doug Melvin and others said the team has, not necessarily what he's seen. I still think we need to see him manage "in action" before getting a true verdict on whether or not this will work, but I definitely understand the concern.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived