Brewer Fanatic

Ron Roenicke Hired as Manager

trwi7
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All of these quotes and stories go way beyond drumming up good press for the new manager. I'm genuinely excited to see what he brings to the table. And how can you not like "Rags" for a nickname.
To me, Rags sounds like the name of a lovable shaggy mutt, not of a human managing my Brewers. Maybe I'm thinking of this Rags.

Nickname aside, though, I share your genuine excitement over this hire.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

From the McCalvy blog post that hawing linked... I thought people that disliked Macha would be happy to see Rags mention this --

"Once we get the coaching staff together, I've got the numbers for all of the players and I want to start calling them," Roenicke said. "It's going to be pretty busy here for the next couple of weeks."
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Rags is a pretty good nickname, but I'm still partial to the "Runnin' Ron Roenicke" that TLB busted out a few pages ago. I think that one's going to stick around here.
I am reminded more and more of that nickname every time Roenicke speaks. I listened to part of his interview with Homer last night. The players will not run as much if they get caught stealing because they will be embarrassed by making outs. Sounds nice in theory.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

This from Jim Bowden on twitter:

"Greg Zaun just told us that there was an obvious disconnect with Macha (Good guy though) he saw it in ST didn't know how to treat veterans"

Just thought I'd toss that in there.

Back on topic, I'm definitely excited about this hire, and especially that Roenicke is going to get in contact with all the players and start getting to know them. Very good start.

• 3 weeks later...
I read the article today on my lunch at work. Really liked it, Crasnick is a good writer. My favorite part was the quote from Doug Melvin on what Roenicke said in his interview and it is true and good to use in any interview if you are not real experienced: "I don't have a lot of experience, but I've experienced a lot."

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived