Brewer Fanatic

Sedar leaves Astros job to return, this time as 3B coach

miggs721

I think it was X ellence? ... TheCrew07? Pretty sure Principessa didn't mean someone called that JimH5 thought Sedar looked like the kind of guy to lend you his pressure washer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Personally, I would have liked to see Sedar considered for the managerial job.

I think his congenial nature masked the fact that he is a smart baseball man. I think with Sedar in charge it might have had a similar effect as the hiring of Harvey Kuenn back in the day. For years, nobody considered Kuenn managerial material either, but Dalton finally recognized that his team wasn't responding to the traditional style of Buck Rodgers. But I never expected Melvin to think "out of the box".

But I never expected Melvin to think "out of the box".

I guess no other GM is either since he is not being considered for a manager's job anywhere.

These are the kind of comments about Melvin that I think are way to outrageous. Melvin didn't interview Sedar for the manager spot so know he is not "thing out of the box"? Melvin and of alot of other higher ups have a lot to lose if the brewers get another crummy manager. He would be insane to be looking hard at Sedar.

I thought the handshakes were a fun thing. I think they all knew it was cheesy and they did it for slightly sarcastic reasons just to have fun. I wonder if this was just a matter of job security...maybe he couldn't be promised a spot with the new staff then this came up and he took it to cover himself. Either way I will miss the human ent coaching first base.

I think it was X ellence? ... TheCrew07? Pretty sure Principessa didn't mean someone called that JimH5 thought Sedar looked like the kind of guy to lend you his pressure washer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Sorry if I used someone else's line. . .I didn't intentionally rip it off from another poster. Though someone else had also beat me to the punch (by several months) on being bugged by the State Farm Insurance dimpled spokesman, so maybe I'm reading stuff that is sticking, and then I'm regurgitating it as my own. I'm not consciously snagging after other people's yuks.

Sorry if I used someone else's line. . .I didn't intentionally rip it off from another poster. Though someone else had also beat me to the punch (by several months) on being bugged by the State Farm Insurance dimpled spokesman, so maybe I'm reading stuff that is sticking, and then I'm regurgitating it as my own. I'm not consciously snagging after other people's yuks.
No, no no. I thought someone had already called that Sedar would be gone. I quoted you just because what I thought you said was funny. Sorry for the confusion. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

Whew. . .I'm 48 and so I'm of an age when I start to worry about early onset Alzheimer's and other unpleasantness. Sorry for the paranoid misunderstanding.

Still, if that ever did happen to me, Sedar seems like he'd stop over to make sure I was dressed and shaved and stuff. We need more people in the world as nice as I imagine Ed Sedar to be!

Archived