Brewer Fanatic

Flying to O'Hare or Milwaukee

True CryM

I don't live in the state anymore and will be traveling to Milwaukee for a family reunion (and hopefully a game). The cheapest flights are to O'Hare rather than Mitchell and I was wondering if anyone has experience with this sort of shuttle service. Train possibly?

If anyone has some experience with this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

When I worked at the airlines and could not get to MKE from PHX, I would fly into O'Hare and either take the commuter train or there was a bus (not my fav) than ran between O'Hare and Mitchell, and I believe continued on to Waukesha. I think it was $20 between airports. As much as I hated flying into Chicago, there were far more flight options, and that translates into cheaper fares for passengers.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I know this very well.

From O'Hare you'll be able to catch the Coach USA (formerly Milwaukee Limo) from the bus pick up area (across the street from the Ramda if flying domestic). It runs hourly and will cost $40-42 round trip and stops at Kenosha, Racine, Mitchell, S 11st(?), Amtrak Station, then on to Waukesha. This is the only direct route that I know of between O'Hare and Milwaukee. The bus comes from Midway if you're interested in really cheap fares.

If you want to take the train you have to catch a cab or the El to Union Station (not on any EL line) and then catch one of the five Hiawatha trains.

The bus service is affiliated with Wisconsin Coach Lines. I used it last year and it was great. There's a bus every hour, and it costs about $20.

AirShuttle6104 is right about it continuing to Waukesha. From what I remember, there are stops at Kenosha, Racine, the bus station outside Mitchell Airport, in Mitchell Airport itself, and downtown.

What I can't comment on is using the service from Chicago to Milwaukee. I did it the other way around.

The number is still in my cell phone: 262-542-8861.

EDIT: Adding to what edod says, I considered the train until I found I'd have to go out of the way to downtown Chicago. Apparently, Mitchell is unique in having an Amtrak station right on the airport grounds.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

1992casey is right

I had to use that bus line just this spring, its about $25 now and while it is cheap, it took a while to get home, but then again I was impatient after being delayed on two flights

Its a pretty convenient way to go

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
When I lived in Milwaukee and flew through O'Hare I used that Wisconsin Coach Line bus all the time. It was awesome when my flights were delayed. Although I suppose it depends what time you land because traffic might be pretty bad at peak hours (like 3:30 - 6:30pm or so).
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

shameless plug alert:

Rent a vehicle from O'Hare and return it when you fly back out (for a short trip) or turn it in to Mitchell (for a long trip). There are two ways dropping at a different location works. Some companies charge a much higher rate for the entire time period, others charge a one time drop fee no matter the length of contract. I would at least look into it.

I work for one of the rental companies at Mitchell.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived