Brewer Fanatic

Bucks an option of NBA contraction

BrewersSuperCollector

according to real gm, current candidates are the bobcats, hornets, and grizzlies. None of those 3 really teams have history or support and would probably be the easiest to get rid of, but i agree without a new stadium the bucks could be vulnerable.

http://realgm.com/src_wir...s_possible_contractions/

the biggest issues are that the nba over expanded in the 90's and pays its marginal players way more than they are worth. If the owners had a play scale similar to nfl or even mlb players, this would be less of an issue.

Are you being sarcastic there Al?

Milwaukee certainly has a stronger base of basketball fans than some other NBA franchises, but the Bucks wouldn't average 18K even if they won 55-60 games this year. There is just to much overall apathy towards the NBA among casual sports fans in Milwaukee for the Bucks to draw nearly a full house on a nightly basis, regardless of nice ticket deals and a much improved team compared to the last 8-10 years.

I may have been a bit optimistic, but I feel they'll be way up with a 45-50 win season...I believe I read season tickets were up 20%, and almost all were renewed. They averaged just over 15K last year, so a 10-12% increase would put them between 16500-17000. That's probably more realistic. Or, if they stop running nightly specials, they might only average 16K. But, if they stay aggressive, they will sell tickets, and plenty of them. They have a lot of buzz, to be certain.

Archived