Brewer Fanatic

I'm looking for a few Rock Albums (lps)

TURBO

Last year I began to seek out my favorite albums (lps) of all time so I could frame them for my basement. I have them all on cd now, but got rid of the albums a long time ago, which is why I am looking for them now......(sigh.)

They look awesome, and everytime I look at them it takes me back to the old days, when rock and roll was great, and times were a little less stressfull. (we are talking the 80's mostly, lol) Remember when the album was like a little work of art? Today's cds are just too small to enjoy the artwork.

I have located all the ones on my list via several sources, but am missing just 4.

If any of you have your old album collections laying around and you'd like to get rid of the ones I need, I'm willing to buy or trade for them.

The only catch is that the covers have to be in frameable shape. No ringwear, marks, scuffs, rips, etc...

The ones I am still looking for are as follows:

AC/DC - Back in Black

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Judas Priest - Hell Bent for Leather

Vain - No Respect

If you have any of the 4 and would like to part with them, let me know!

thanks!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I remember when I used to live in Oshkosh, the pawn shop on Main St. Had a bunch of lp's. Don't know if it's still there or not. I'd check there if you're looking cheap. I believe you live in the Appleton area right. If not, and you don't mind spending a little bit, they can order pretty much whatever you want at the Exclusive Company, although sometimes the help snags them up on you even though you have to put down a deposit. Also, there are a bunch of places online. It just depends what you want to pay.

I've gotten quite a few on ebay, picked up a few at Half Price Books, but they put the darn price tag stickers on them, and sometimes they are impossible to remove without some form of damage.

I've picked up about 30, and what I find most annoying is that I had them all previously, but gave them all away as I replaced them on cd.

have you looked on ebay? unfrotunately my copy of Back In Black is pretty beat up or i'd just give it to you. I haven't listened to it in forever.

Those should all be relatively cheap. I was just at Reckless Records in Chicago a few weekends ago. I bet they have all of these. You can look them up, they may or may not be willing to ship them to you. Good luck.

actually bikeage, the ones I still need are the ones that go pretty high on ebay for a frameable copy. Especially the Metallica. A good one goes for around $15-20, then add the $4 shipping... Some people are asking upwards of $50, but I doubt they get that much. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up.

Back in Black is a tough one to find that is frameable, with no ringwear, etc. because it is an all black cover. It shows everything! I had a pretty clsoe to mint copy when I got rid of it. I used to get all my albums, put them on cassette, then store them, so all of mine were pretty close to mint, and only played a few times.

vinyl is coming back...

I myself prefer the sound of vinyl over anything digital, including cds, but the hassle of playing albums makes it so much easier to play a cd...

anyway, I contacted Reckless Records, but they don't quite have what I am looking for.

Thanks!

Vinyl has been very popular for a few years. I've been collecting for awhile, and up until a few years ago you might find a handful of new stuff getting released on vinyl and now pretty much everything is getting released on vinyl. Also, the labels know how popular it is so they are reissuing all the old stuff.

Funny thing is that vinyl is almost certainly going to outlive the CD at this point. Go to Best Buy, and the CD section gets smaller and smaller. Meanwhile you can still buy new album releases on vinyl. I have a small vinyl collection myself, but mostly roll with mp3s these days simply due to the convenience.

There's a very good used record shop in Watertown, Fox Music Company. Might be worth checking out or calling.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Vinyl really is the only way to go. The artwork is better, most new records come with a digital download, there's usually a limited pressing on stuff so it becomes valuable (colored vinyl epecially)....One of my friends sold some record put out on Fat Wreck Chords and got 285 dollars for it recently!!!

I'm rapidly trying to get all my cds onto my itunes so I can sell them off as I only use my ipod or turntable anyway. Hope I can do this before no one wants them, could be a quick 1000 bucks (sadly, it's over 1000 cds)

Back In Black has been reissued on vinyl. You could pick up a brand new copy at your local Exclusive Company most likely. It'll be near impossibly to find an original copy with a pristine sleeve. I'd imagine you can get new copies of Puppets and Priest as well. Vain might be a little tough. I use Amazon.com whenever I'm looking for a record that I can't locate locally.

• 2 months later...
Picked up Back in Black today at the exclusive company, just like you guys suggested... They have quite a selection of vinyl there if anyone is interested. They also had Master of Puppets, but I saved that for another day.

Archived