Brewer Fanatic

Good bye Mo Williams? (Latest: signed)

panthernick

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

according to the paper, Harris thought he was leaning towards the bucks. While I am a bucks fan, not really a Mo Williams fan. That being said I think he is the best pg we can get right now and the other options are terrible, so I feel that we should sign him.

It must not be overlooked that while the Heat offer is 2 million less, the prospects of no income tax would make up some of that.

I wouldn't be crushed, although it hurts a bit that they didn't get a top guard in the draft. I'm not a fan of Williams' game. It will be interesting to see what Harris does if he goes to the Heat.

One reason I think Yi is hesitant to join our club is that, frankly, it stinks. This is another blow to the talent level of an already lowly squad. I'm not a big Mo Williams fan, as I value a PG that can play D, but losing talented ballers is rarely a good thing.

What's the latest on Chauncey Billups? Has he re-signed with Det.? He had mentioned he was going to test the open market...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Billips has signed, and really I dont think that is the problem. The team is not that bad. They had tons of injuries. When you are a high draft pick you are not going to be going to a sure fire playoff team. I think of the teams in the lottery the bucks have the best chance of going to the playoffs.

Now not having anyone to run the show, will hamper that unless LH can sign Francis or make a trade.

thanks for the info-update, patrick! How do you mean, though, that the team 'isn't that bad'? Aside from Mike Redd, we're below or at league average almost across the board (IMHO). Simmons? Bogut? (he's getting better, and most likely will continue to do so, to be fair) Villanueva (see Bogut comments)? We have no clear starting PG, no clear starting SF, and are coming off a terrible season. While 2007-08 may be better for the Bucks, I have grave doubt that we won't again be in the bottom half of the league.

(honestly, this isn't meant to be a 'so there!' post; I sincerely want to hear your optimism and opinion on the team) http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Bucks' Official Site Roster Page

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yeah, they might have contacted him, but going back to early last year there was talk that there would be mutual interest between Billups and the Bucks.

I also read somewhere that Milwaukee's interest and contact with Billups in Free agency was very light. I'd have been willing to give him more than the 10 mil per year than Detroit did. He is just what we need. A guy to run the team who can hit a big shot when needed.

Quote:
How do you mean, though, that the team 'isn't that bad'?

Defensively the team is poor. Bogut and Villanueva are not the best defensive big men in the league. Really Bell and Patterson are the only 2 players that play d on the team and they are fa's. That being said the team can score. The east is not that good. I think the team has a good shot of being a playoff team in the east.

also if the bucks thought they had a good chance of getting mo, they may have been light of billips to avioding having Mo mad at them, since they had a better chance of getting mo than getting billips out of detroit.

New salary cap came out today and now Miami can only offer him 5.4 million per year. When it's all said and done, I'd bet we'll give him 5 years and 42 million while Miami can only do 5 years and 27 million. You can't leave 15 million on the table. Mo has to be re-signed or we are basically screwed this year and probably longer. He is not the best point guard around, but he did average almost 18 ppg last year with decent assist totals and is only 24 years old.

For those against the signing, you can't tell me you want Bell, Blake, or Francis running this team.

To me Mo is much more a 2-guard. However, I'd rather not watch Bell play the point for 81 games. That could be...bad. He has some game and can defend some, but no way he can break anyone off the dribble or truly defend other points.

I'd be more then up to trading just about anyone (save Redd) for a top-notch point.

My issue with Larry is that we are just moving the deck chairs around. We had a PG that was soild enought (TJ) and now we are back chasing a need again. Even if CV pans out this year (and that is going to have to be as a 6th man) hard to justify that trade. Moving Blake last year was just silly. No way Earl was a starting point guard. That said, we trade for him...then let him leave without another plan. All this seems very "1990's Milwaukee Brewer-like".

Now we have the Yi issue...It just seems that the Bucks (Larry Harris et al) are making this way to hard.

I'm not even going to bring up the coaching mess(es) that we have had since George left.

Quote:
For those against the signing, you can't tell me you want Bell, Blake, or Francis running this team.

I'll rank-order those in terms of who I'd want (caveat: for next year and only next year):

Francis

Williams

Blake

Bell

In descending order of gag-reflex. However, after next year, that order becomes:

Williams

Francis

Bell

Blake

But... that makes me wonder: Who are the 2008 FAs at PG? Can draft picks (as in Miami's future 1st rounder) be included in a sign and trade for Mo?

Stevie Lottery!

Are you serious?

He is injured. He is old. He is a cancer. He was never that good to begin with. He is one of the most completely worthless players left in the league.

I would rank Jalen Rose ahead of him at this point in his career. Jalen is at least funny during an interview.

Archived