Brewer Fanatic

Bobblehead worst nightmare

I went down in the basement last Friday and noticed one of my showcase shelves collapsed. My Carlos Lee, Ryan Braun Nashville totally broke. A Robin Yount blue jersey brim on the cap all knicked up. The rest of the bobbleheads were fine. 4 Big Heads destroyed, 3 Big Heads knicked up, and the rest fine.

I was real lucky more weren't destroyed. It figured though that all I needed was the Uecker SGA(which I have a hard time paying for since it is the same as the Pepsi version) to be complete with all the SGA's. Now I'll need a few more.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/brhack/036-1.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/brhack/035.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/brhack/034-1.jpg

I had a similar situation about two years ago...........I had a glass shelf and it fell off the wall...........All of my "old timer" bobbles were on it Aaron, Yount, Molitor, Gorman, etc.........All were retros (were applicable) and all were autographed. Had to replace all of them. It sucked big time!

Fortunately for me the shelf above them had all the minor league bobbles (all signed) and that shelf was fine............I took all of my bobbles down and boxed them back up. Waiting to get some cash to purchase a cabinet of some sort to house them.

I get worried about my shelves on occassion. I have them super secure though, so I'm not too concerned. But If the top one were to go, it'd come down on every other shelf, and then would crash about another 5 feet to the ground.

A lot of my friends that don't collect bobbles have some that get knocked off a shelf or a pet knocks them off something, and I kinda wanna ask them for their broken ones. Create a bobblehead graveyard out in the garden.

On a side note, I have an extra Carlos Lee. Got anything for trade? It doesn't have to be another bobblehead. Only catch, can I keep the bat if yours is in good shape?

I kinda wanna ask them for their broken ones. Create a bobblehead graveyard out in the garden.
In no way do I want to belittle the zeal for bobblehead collecting that several of us around here have...but I think that is a great idea.

Walking through the parking lot after the Lyle Overbay bobblehead game, I found an Overbay forearm broken from the main bobble but still holding the bat. I'm not sure where I have it right this minute, but I kept it, thinking it's got to have some purpose someday. Sticking it out of the ground would have a degree of entertainment value.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived