Brewer Fanatic

Updated Logo for Helena

Mass Haas

Helena Brewers logo gets facelift

By AMBER KUEHN, Helena Independent Record

For the first time since 2003, the Helena Brewers will have a new look beginning next season.

General manager Paul Fetz unveiled the team’s 2011 logo on Wednesday. Unlike the traditional “HB” logo that fans have become familiar with, the new design features only an “H.”

“We wanted to focus more on the community that supports us, which is Helena,” Fetz said. “That is why it just has the ‘H.’”

Fetz said the organization decided back in June that it was time for a change, and that it’s simply coincidence that this happens to take place following the Brewers’ banner year. Helena last month captured its first Pioneer League title in 14 years.

“Back in 2005, Baseball America looked at all the minor league logos,” Fetz said. “Two positives we were given from that is that ours was simple and classy. That’s something we wanted to maintain.”

The team’s new on-field hats will be made by New Era Cap Company, located in Buffalo, N.Y. When the Brewers spoke with the company about the need for a new look this past summer, New Era sent them some concepts to choose from.

“This one was just a no-brainer,” Fetz said.

Brewers championship T-shirts are on sale now, in white and navy blue. Sizes are small through XL for $16 and XXL are $18.

The Pioneer League Championship trophy is currently on display at The Quarry Bar and Grill at the Holiday Inn Downtown through the MLB playoffs and World Series. It will continue to be displayed at different locations around Helena throughout the fall, winter and spring. Season tickets are also on sale now at an “Early Bird” discount if purchased and paid in full by Dec. 16.

http://media.kfbb.com/images/320*180/helena+brewers+new.JPG

Looks like a 91...then when you squint and look...it looks like a 9 l. I can see changing for something fresh but I like the HB better I think.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Ahhh! Invader ftw. Hilarious. And, dang, I hadn't thought of that as an avatar, slick call.

Wouldn't a house of cards fold?

Touché. I have to bow out of this, I've been severely outclassed in consecutive posts now.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived