Brewer Fanatic

Season ticket renewal for 2011: packets mailed

hawing

I've had the 20 pack, but this year I don't think I'll do it. The kids, mine and my cousins would go to games with me, but they are turned off by the Brewers. They enjoyed going to Block Parties in the past, but with the changes made they don't even want to go. The Brewers also did not do the Sentry signing either. They have turned their focus to the Wave and Admirals. The players are more accessable to them meaning a much more enjoyable time for them. The kids know that there is only a finite amount of money, so they chose not to go to the baseball games.

I will probably, as someone said above, just buy the tickets for myself for the games I truly want to go to.

I've had the 20 pack, but this year I don't think I'll do it. The kids, mine and my cousins would go to games with me, but they are turned off by the Brewers. They enjoyed going to Block Parties in the past, but with the changes made they don't even want to go. The Brewers also did not do the Sentry signing either. They have turned their focus to the Wave and Admirals. The players are more accessable to them meaning a much more enjoyable time for them. The kids know that there is only a finite amount of money, so they chose not to go to the baseball games.

I will probably, as someone said above, just buy the tickets for myself for the games I truly want to go to.

BSC are the kids "turned off by the Brewers" because they are less "available" to them than the Admiral and Wave players? I'm not sure if it's fair to compare the accessibility of players on minor league hockey and indoor soccer teams vs. a MLB team. I'm sure if you went to college or high school soccer and baseball games the players would be even more accessible at that level. At some point you have to appreciate a sport being played at the highest possible level.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

BSC are the kids "turned off by the Brewers" because they are less "available" to them than the Admiral and Wave players? I'm not sure if it's fair to compare the accessibility of players on minor league hockey and indoor soccer teams vs. a MLB team. I'm sure if you went to college or high school soccer and baseball games the players would be even more accessible at that level. At some point you have to appreciate a sport being played at the highest possible level.

It may not be fair, but thats the way it is. Its what the kids want to do.

Hey all,

I received my renewal packet also. I currently have a 20 game season plan. I decided to call my account rep after reading some of your posts and he told me I would still be receiving the media guide and have an additional game pre-sale opportunity. He told me that they do not list all of the benefits. They just try to mention some of the more important ones while trying to keep it easy and quick to read. Overall, I’m really glad they realized they needed to keep prices the same.

Hope this helps some of you.

Thanks for the clarification. I would like to emphasize that when in doubt, check with a ticket rep, and do not rely solely on hawing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

And if the complimentary media guide is back for 2011, woo hoo.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The one thing that caught my eye in the renewal packet was the post season seat location for partial season seat holders. In 08, we got playoff tickets in a different section, but it was the same area. The renewal packet states that most of the partial season seat holders would get terrace playoff seats. I guess I'm just happy to have guaranteed seats, but why wouldn't they be able to give similar seats?

I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but I have been told by my ticket representive that season ticket holder tenure is also taken into account where you get placed for post season tickets. We are 20 game season ticket holders, but we also got tickets for the 2008 playoffs in the lodge level. We have been season ticket holders since the early 90s.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I first noticed the 'partial season ticket customers should expect to be placed in the terrace for postseason games' statement in the 2009 season seat holder handbook, so that's not new. It caught my eye at the time because like Patrick425's family, we had been assigned loge seats for the 2008 postseason - in almost the same area, if I recall correctly. Our season ticket tenure and regular season location are very similar to his, so our placement in the 213 area would be consistent with the Brewers taking customer tenure into account.

Since there are four preset 20-game schedules, each of thousands of seats is the "regular" location for up to four fans, but you can't assign all four their "regular" seat. And this doesn't even include the fan's choice customers, or the 9-pack customers. Relocating many if not most partial season ticket customers to the terrace may be the most workable way to get everyone who's made the season ticket commitment somewhere in the park. I'd rather be told up front to expect upper-bowl seats (and maybe be happily surprised later) than told to expect loge or field seats and be let down.

I'd hope that the Brewers give some weight to customer longevity when seating decisions need to be made. It would be interesting to learn more about how they make those decisions, but I'm sure that's proprietary information. Plus - though I hate to say it - pondering where we all might sit for the next postseason is kind of putting the cart before the horse...at least until the new manager is named. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived