Brewer Fanatic

Season ticket renewal for 2011: packets mailed

hawing

In today's mail we received our 2011 season ticket renewal packet - nice timing for me since I have the day off and time to peruse.

The early renewal date is November 19 and the early renewal incentives have changed a bit - in addition to receiving the "existing season seat holder" ticket price.

Full-season customers - your choice of batting practice at Miller Park or $70 in food/beverage per seat held on your account.

Half-season, 20-game and Terrace Ticket Treat customers - your choice of four ticket upgrade vouchers per seat held on your account, or 10 single-game NYCE Stadium Club passes per seat held on your account. (Perhaps this means the "Club" isn't changing sponsors for 2011.)

The "additional perks" include some changes for each category too.

Full-season customers receive:

Voucher for two complimentary Field Diamond Box tickets to a Brewers home game

Voucher for four complimentary tickets to the 2011 Timber Rattlers game at Miller Park

Opportunity to purchase additional game ticktes at the existing SSH rate through a special pre-sale

Voucher for two complimentary Brewers On Deck tickets for 1/30/2011

Entry into a drawing for the opportunity to throw out a first pitch at a 2011 home game

Entry into a drawing to win a suite for a 2011 Brewers home game

The perks for half-season, 20-game and terrace ticket treat customers:

Voucher for two complimentary tickets to the 2011 Timber Rattlers game at Miller Park

Entry into a drawing to win a suite for a 2011 Brewers home game

Other benefits, which appear to apply to both full-season and 20-game-and-up customers:

A special rate for individual game suite rentals

An opportunity to purchase one of seven 4-packs to the Gehl Club

Complimentary scoreboard message

So - upon first reading, this appears to limit the additional game tickets pre-sale to full-season customers, and ends the complimentary media guide for all season ticket customers. Those are mild disappointments for me, especially the media guide which I consult all the time and keep forever (vs. a one-time scoreboard message? really?). I think the main reason we'd renew early would be for the discounted ticket prices. The Club has never been a large incentive for me, so we would probably opt for the upgrade vouchers.

Still, it's kind of a pick-me-up to receive mail from the Brewers. For those of you curious (and still reading), the cover of the SSH renewal packet features Casey, Ryan and Corey, the 100+ RBI trio. Trevor gets mentioned inside for the wonderful memory he provided on September 7, and other than his appearance in a Trevor Hoffman celebration photo, there is no sign of Prince. The only other pitcher that appears in the packet is Yo.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

can't wait to get mine! the "extras" seem nice. The media guide I'll get down in Maryvale, I guess.

Thanks for the heads up, though, so I'm looking for it the rest of the week.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Regarding the absence of Prince, I hope that the Brewers don't put too much thought/stock in who is featured in their promotional materials. This story always comes to mind for me- basically, the Blue Jays could have had Ron Guidry right before he became 'Louisiana Lightning', but had a small conflict with the cover of the media guide and decided against the trade.

As quoted from http://www.baseball-alman...arly/yr1977n.shtml :

"Prior to the start of the '77 season, the Toronto Blue Jays had agreed

to a trade that would send veteran pitcher Bill Singer to the New York

Yankees for the then, little used, left-hander Ron Guidry. All bets

were off though after the front office realized that Singer was on the

cover of their printed media guide. By the end of the season, Singer

had gone 2-8 and retired while Guidry compiled a 16-7 record and an

impressive 2.82 ERA."

For those of you curious (and still reading), the cover of the SSH

renewal packet features Casey, Rickie and Corey, the 100+ RBI trio

Did you mean Ryan instead of Rickie?

Nuts. Yes, I did. Casey, Ryan and Corey are on the front cover. I can mind my Ps and Qs but obviously got my Rs mixed up.

There are four "moment" photos on the inside of the packet:

6/8 Casey's 2-out 2 RBI single beats the Cubs

7/9 Ryan comes through in extra innings with the game winning RBI

7/11 Corey sends the Crew into the break with a walk-off blast

9/7 Trevor becomes the first pitcher to record 600 career saves

Rickie appears in the photo celebrating Corey's 7/11 walkoff dinger.

And just to parse this too far, Jonathan Lucroy (as well as Prince) is shown celebrating Trevor's milestone save. A few players appear in the 6/8 photo but I can't tell who they are.

Honestly, I thought there would be more interest in the season ticket perks and details, than in who is pictured on the packet. It certainly is the off-season. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hawing

Some of us are interested. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I admit I was dissappointed when I saw there was no mention of the media guide this year, but realized quite quickly that you would miss it even more than I would.

I admit I was dissappointed when I saw there was no mention of the media guide this year, but realized quite quickly that you would miss it even more than I would.
Yeah. The early silver lining I've identified is that we won't have to wait until the season begins to obtain one, just to save $ (since the vouchers could only be redeemed at field level Guest Relations). By March I'm usually antsy, so I guess in 2011 I can just go buy one as soon as they are available. And maybe after the new scoreboard excitement wears off, or the Brewers discover there's not that much interest in a complementary scoreboard message, they'll get more sensible again and return to offering a media guide.

bensheeps, maybe your party and the hawing party can coordinate on an upgrade date in 2011. Then I can get on the sweet, sweet new videoboard, because your family is always on it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Edit: You know, now that I reread a different part of the packet, it looks like partial season ticket customers may still be eligible for the individual game ticket presale. Maybe full season people simply get more of a discount. Time will tell.

Every year when I get this I very rarely read through it and the perks. For some reason I did this time. Just because they didn't mention the media guide does that necessarily mean that they will not give those out again? Do they always mention those as perks when they send out the invoices?

Just to be clear, the incentives are not for "early renewal", they are for "full payment" by November 19th (as opposed to opting for the 5 payment installment plan). I'm not really thrilled wit the incentives for full payment. I really love our seat location and have no desire to "upgrade" 4 of the tickets. I will never understand the appeal of the NYCE Club passes. Isn't it basically a carpeted area with a bar? It's not like they are handing out free food and drinks. Why is this so great? The 2 tickets for the timber rattlers game and entry in the suite drawing is nice...but, none of this is making me want to right out a check today. I may just opt to pay in installments.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Every year when I get this I very rarely read through it and the perks. For some reason I did this time. Just because they didn't mention the media guide does that necessarily mean that they will not give those out again? Do they always mention those as perks when they send out the invoices?

Just to be clear, the incentives are not for "early renewal", they are for "full payment" by November 19th (as opposed to opting for the 5 payment installment plan). I'm not really thrilled wit the incentives for full payment. I really love our seat location and have no desire to "upgrade" 4 of the tickets. I will never understand the appeal of the NYCE Club passes. Isn't it basically a carpeted area with a bar? It's not like they are handing out free food and drinks. Why is this so great? The 2 tickets for the timber rattlers game and entry in the suite drawing is nice...but, none of this is making me want to right out a check today. I may just opt to pay in installments.

That the 2011 packet mentions checking your SSH handbook (once tickets arrive in spring) for the voucher for a complimentary scoreboard message request form was what caught my eye. For the last few seasons, the back of the SSH handbook has included the media guide voucher. Then I checked the 2010 renewal packet (yeah, I save stuff) and that specifies a media guide.

I appreciate that the Brewers offer an alternative to the NYCE club passes, because that feature of MP doesn't appeal to everyone (like Patrick425 and me). I'm not completely sold on the ticket upgrade myself - again, like Patrick425, we like our seat locations, as evidenced by the fact that we make a point of committing $ upfront to secure them. Plus I can't tell exactly the "next higher-priced" location would be for our packages. If it's based on existing season ticket prices, the next level up from our loge infield seats would be loge diamond box. So we could sit in row 5 of our section instead of row 8?

Again, we will most likely pay in full by November 19, but mainly to lock in the lowest price on the seats we already like. The early payment incentives are not unappreciated, but not the primary motivator for the hawing party.

Again, we will most likely pay in full by November 19, but mainly to lock in the lowest price on the seats we already like. The early payment incentives are not unappreciated, but not the primary motivator for the hawing party.
I'm at work and don't have the package with me. I guess I'll have to look at it again when I get home. If you don't pay in full by November 19th, you don't lock in the lowest price?? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. The only thing I saw was that paying in full by Nov 19th got you the extra "perks". The way I saw it (and the way it was handled last year) was that if you committed (not payed) and made at least your initial payment by the deadline you got the full discount. You could still use the installment system and get the lowest price, you just did not get the extras.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Aha. Here is the asterisked statement under the "2011 seating and pricing" list:

*Existing Season Seat Holders enjoy a significant savings on their seats when renewal commitment is received by November 19, 2010. Existing Season Seat Holders who renew after November 19, 2010 will be billed at the New Season Seat Holder rate.
On our invoice, under Three Ways To Renew, the option for placing a 20% deposit by November 19, 2010 does list dollar figures for the down payment and remaining balance (due by 1/14/2011) which add up to the discounted "pay in full" amount.

So Patrick425 is correct: the Brewers are looking for a commitment by 11/19, and at least a 20% deposit, in order to get the existing season pricing. Full payment by 11/19 gets you your choice of thank-you gift. I took "renew" to mean "pay in full," which is possibly just what the Brewers were hoping I'd do.

The details in the packet pretty much made my decision easy to not renew my 20-pack for next season. Requiring payment by November to lock in the current ticket prices is crazy. Why not let us see what changes are made to the on-field product before requiring payment?

Between that, no media guide, worthless-to-me "gift" (the 40th anniversary print last year was much better) and no longer having a presale for individual game tickets unless you have a full season package, I'm done.

I'll pick up cheap tickets on the secondary market, and if the team plays like they did this year, there should be plenty of inventory at well below face value (and well below season ticket prices).

I've had a 20 pack for the last 5 years or so and I don't think I'll renew at least until spring. I too want to see how they handle the Fielder trade and pitching acquisitions before I commit the money.

The perks for 20 pack holders are really lame... I don't see any value in NYCE passes either. It sucks that they want the money so early for something you don't get to enjoy until 5 months later. I've been optimistic the past few years but I just don't think they're going to bring in two good starters... so I'll most likely just buy tickets through other people this season or pick up a 20 pack this March if they end up bringing in Greinke and Bumgarner http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm not a season ticket holder at all anymore (thought my dad shares season tickets with some associates and I often get to use them). I agree that the NYCE passes are sort of silly. It's something to visit maybe once a season during a boring game, but that's about it. It would be different if they gave you a free drink stub or something with the pass.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

carniesandrubes[/b]]Requiring payment by November to lock in the current ticket prices is crazy.

I don't think it locks in current ticket prices. It locks in discounted season ticket prices. Makes perfect business sense to me and is not any different than how many other membership, ticket offers, etc work.

To me, the biggest incentive of being a season ticket holder is the post-season ticket priority that comes with it. Yes, I realize that it's like paying for insurance for something that will probably not happen, but in case it does, I want to make sure I have a good spot in line.

We were not planning on doing at least 20 game packs for the first time in 5 years, and this solidifies our decision for certain. We recently moved to central Wisconsin and will have a hard time making it to 20 games and the discounts and bonuses that are being given out this year just don't make it worth it. I will probably pick up a 9/10 game pack in the spring if they still offer opening day with it, but we'll see.

I totally agree with the general feeling that the NYCE passes aren't very useful, and I have no use at all for the free scoreboard message. I'd also never use the discounted suite rentals or the 4 pack of Gehl club tickets. Seems to be that they are cutting costs where possible and offering "freebies" that most fans will not take advantage of, or if they do, the team wouldn't lose much actual revenue from.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Last year, we got one of the upgrades from our ticket rep, and she said if I mailed it directly to her she could give me a better upgrade than the one listed on the voucher. In the end, she upgraded our Terrace box tickets to seats 15 rows behind the visiting dugout. Not saying this would happen again this season, but it was definitely a nice upgrade for us. We don't spend too much time down in that area of the park.

For the record, my account rep told me for last year's renewal, that agreeing to the payment installment plan was considered as paid in full. Unless they changed it, you should be able to do the installment plan and get the discount and perks I would think. That's the route I was going to go anyway.

To me the early renewal perks have been uninspired for plans less than full season, for a few years running now. I think the last cool one was the autographed ball (which they still botched for me because I ended up drawing Villy, who was pitching that day, and thus not signing.)

To me the early renewal perks have been uninspired for plans less than full season, for a few years running now. I think the last cool one was the autographed ball (which they still botched for me because I ended up drawing Villy, who was pitching that day, and thus not signing.)
Plus the year they did that little meet-and-greet, the Brewers went to the playoffs. You'd think that would encourage them to do it again.

That's been my favorite special perk to date (apart from the media guide), though it helped that we drew Corey, and with the S.O. running the Crazylegs race that morning, I got the opportunity all to myself.

For the record, my account rep told me for last year's renewal, that agreeing to the payment installment plan was considered as paid in full. Unless they changed it, you should be able to do the installment plan and get the discount and perks I would think. That's the route I was going to go anyway.

Hmmm...I went the installment route last year. Did not get any of the perks. grumble..grumble...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived