Brewer Fanatic

2010 WIAA Football Tournament

Beerambassador
Got back from the Waukesha West game about 20 minutes ago. The wind was brutal..left when West scored a TD to go up 30-13 with about 8 minutes left in the 4th qtr. Verona had was going against the wind in the 4th qtr, so I felt pretty confident that West would hold on. It's crazy that they now have to play at Arrowhead to advance. I still don't get how Hartford is a #1 seed in that bracket.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I was at the MG/Sussex game last night. That Clinton-Earl kid on Sussex is an amazing running back. The wind wasn't actually a very big deal since MG attempted 22 passes and completed about half of them (their receivers must have dropped five perfect passes). The SW bracket has some outstanding matchups Saturday with MG/DeForest and Waunakee/Milton. Waunakee destroyed Milton early in the season, but Milton's got a pretty good football team. The D2 Northwest bracket also has some games to watch with Ashwaubenon/Cedarburg and Menasha/Kimberly.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I went to the Wisconsin Lutheran field to watch South Milwaukee and Pius. One of the more entertaining high school games I've seen in a while. Kid from South Milwaukee kicked a 52 yard field goal with like 5 seconds left to win the game. They were down 10 points about midway through the 4th and stormed back to take the win.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

In Division 5, Darlington kicked a last-second field goal to beat Stratford 23-20. This might sound more impressive had they not been leading Stratford 20-0 at the half, but you advance however you can.

The Stratford team and fan base had to drive four hours to get to the game. That had to be a longer drive home.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Went to the Arrowhead/Waukesha West game today. Very exciting game. Don't know what the final stats were, but I'm guessing West almost doubled the total yardage of Arrowhead but just managed to hang on for a 14-10 win. West tried their best to give away the game.

Edit: Ok, I guess I was WAY off. Arrowhead actually had 8 more total yards that Waukesha West. Now that I think of it, their QB had a lot of rushing yards. I think most of AH's yards came in the 2nd half.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• 3 weeks later...
Going to root on Waukesha West at Camp Randall this Friday. I'm not entirely familiar with the parking situation around the stadium. Can anyone give me any good advice for parking on a Friday afternoon? I'm not really concerned about cost. I'll pay $20+ if I have to in order to get relatively close.

How close is "relatively close," Patrick? We live in the neighborhood west of the stadium, so depending on what radius is acceptable for you, I might be able to help you out. (However, we never "park" for stadium events because we can walk from our house.)

That game's at 4:00 Friday? because at least the K-12 schools in the area would be out by then and you shouldn't be competing for spots with Edgewood and West High vehicles.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Relatively close is a 1/3 mile or less. The closer the better. It's not like there will be 80,000 at the game, so my assumption is that other than some parking being taken up by weekday workers, it shouldn't be too hard to find a spot near the stadium. Again, I have absolutley no problem paying. I'm never cheap when it comes to parking.

Archived