Brewer Fanatic

Have you ever won a contest, sweepstakes, instant win, etc...

TracyThom
Took $500 off the Wisconsin Lottery a few years back. Have one a few football pools. Best thing was back in '98 is I threw $20 in a fantasy baseball homerun contest. You had to pick like 12 players and whomever had the most HR at the all-star beak would win. Jose Valentine got me 3 HR the opening weekend @ Florida and I lead till the last game when some dude tied me. We split $250, but sure was fun. I had McGwire and Sosa as well. Really lucked out.

I was at a game with my buddy two years ago and he had his boss' seats in the club level. We were walking around checking out all of the cool pictures they have in there and there was a little booth set up with a Wii. Turns out they were doing a home run derby contest on Backyard Baseball and if you got the high score for the day, you would win an autographed baseball (didn't say who, though). My buddy steps up first and hits 4 homers in the 10 pitches you get. I hadn't played it before, so I stepped up and wiffed at the first pitch, but then proceeded to hit homers on the next 9 pitches I saw. The guy there was dumbfounded. I found out I won when there was a package at my door a few weeks later. My winnings for the day? A DAVE BUSH AUTOGRAPHED BALL! BOOYAH! I guess, it was free though.

I won a little over $600 from a scratch-off lottery ticket when I was 18. It was a $100 instant winner, then I got to go to the gameshow (didn't get picked to go on) and they take whatever is won on stage and split it with the audience of ticket winners. I also sold a Badger 5 jackpot when I worked at Pick 'n Save...I think it was about $60,000 or so.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I won a 32" Panasonic TV about 16 years ago. It was worth about $1400 at the time. I won it on a call in local access sports show called "Lets Talk Sports," which was filmed in Janesville, WI. I won the weekly award, of a Packer party, which included pizzas and sodas, and then they did a grand prize drawings of all of the winners towards the end of the football season. I was a Sophomore at the time and felt like a pretty cool guy the next day when I realized how many of my fellow students actually watched that show too, and saw me win.

The trivia question I answered was: Which current Packer at the time, was a high school teammate of Leroy Butler?

Answer below (Highlight)
Edgar Bennett

when i was a kid, i went to the brewers fan fest and won a 1990 signed team ball. about that same time I won a pretty nice aluminum bat from Mike Heagans Grand Slam. I've also won a signed Rage Against The Machine poster/print about 8 years ago which I sold for only 40 bucks on ebay recently.

Archived