Brewer Fanatic

Have you ever won a contest, sweepstakes, instant win, etc...

TracyThom

Monopoly is back at McDonald's, and everyone at my work goes crazy thinking they are going to win big. (There was a million dollar winner at the McDonald's in Sauk City a few years back.) If people only knew how bad the odds are to win, they wouldn't play so much. According to the official McDonald's Monopoly website, the odds of collecting all 4 railroads and winning the EA Sports Trip is: 1 in 1,200,022,974. That's insane.

I love to travel, so I enter online contests all the time. I've never won anything from any travel websites, but I have won an online drawing in the past, and I don't even remember entering. It was about 2 years ago, and UPS delivers this huge box at my doorstep. Inside was supplies and toys for a My Little Pony party for 10 kids. The box was stuffed with My Little Pony toys, decorations, computer games, you name it. I think the retail value was around $250. My daughter was 8 years old, and out of the My Little Pony stage. I must have entered a couple years earlier when she still played with them.

One other time I won an instant win prize. This was probably around 1988, and I opened up a pack of Bubble Yum and saw "YOU WIN" on the wrapper. The wrapper did not say what I won, only that it was a Masters of the Universe prize. I loved He-Man and Masters of the Universe back then. A couple months later, I got a package in the mail. It was a lone Masters of the Universe figure. It was Stinkor, and I already had him. I was happy nonetheless.

Good topic...

Lots of little crap off the radio, a few CDs, concert tickets, movie passes, nothing too fancy.

I won a Super Bowl t shirt from Doritios (?) once, it came in April and was the cheapest material I have ever seen a shirt made of.

The best prize ever was when I "won" a bottle of scotch by helping them get 100 more fans on facebook.

Every year I buy a $100 entry to win Jeff Gordan's corvette. They only sell 5,000 tickets and it goes to a charity, I really would like to win that some day.

*edit* I was just thinking the other day how funny it would be if McDonalds changed the "rare" piece to Park Place one year, and made Boardwalk to the common one. Maybe too many people would poo their pants though.

I won a dinner for two and some homemade barbecue sauce from some restaurant in Lake Geneva for having the longest and straightest golf drive. I was yards only a couple yards away from winning both long drive holes and doubling the amazing prize package. I never actually cashed in on the dinner but the barbecue sauce was fantastic.

when i was a kid there was a brand new baseball card shop that'd opened in Madison. i entered because my dad made me and won the grand prize, a complete 1977 Topps set. Gantner's rookie card!

i think the only other time i've won something was ironically when i didn't want to win. i won a fancy-schmancy phone from a big-time company during a trade show. they held a simple free raffle for it in their hospitality suite after a trade show. we took their advertising money, so weren't really a client and would have preferred any prize go to one of them. but when the VP asks you to enter, you enter. then i had to lug the stupid thing around the rest of the night from party to party. sold the phone to a coworker.

I won an all-inclusive (besides taxes) trip to Puerto Vallarta from WKTI a few years ago. What's funny is that I never listen to that station. My mom listens and really likes to enter contests, so she entered every family member separately. The next year I also won a Soprano Trivial Pursuit that I gave away since I've never seen the show.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

The best thing that I've ever won was from a scratch off lottery ticket a few years back. My buddies and I were headed out on a week long baseball trip to Kansas City, St Louis and Nashville and I decided to pick up a Brewers scratch off from the gas station. Top prize was opening day tickets for life if you scratched off some special symbol. I didn't win that but I did get an big Brewers prize that included an authentic jersey of my choice, a winter jacket, a spring jacket, three t-shirts, two hats, and a rolling cooler bag. It was an awesome prize that took almost three months to get and it was a great way to kick off a baseball week.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

When I was a kid WOKY was a top 40 radio station and they always had the coolest contests. One weekend they challanged listeners to keep a list of all the Elton John songs that they played. I don't remember what the prize was but my brother and I took shifts listening to the radio all weekend (including over night) and writing down all the Elton John songs. We didn't win. I also remember that they would put these green "raffle tickets" in the news paper from time to time and would randomly call out the winning numbers througout the day. Never won that either.

This was also the era when radio stations would give prizes to the Xth caller (i.e. the 10th caller, the 12th caller, etc). I won a couple of albums from WOKY by doing this - "Songs in the Key of Life" by Stevie Wonder and "Band on the Run" by Paul McCartney. My parents had to drive me all the way down to the radio station on Sheridan Ave (we lived on near Greenfield Park in West Allis) just to pick up these wonderful prizes.

Also, my family has been named Kohl's Family of the Game at Miller Park 3 times. In fairness, we have been partial family section season ticket holders (at County stadium and Miller Park) since the early 90's.

Never won a major award like this though:

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/18a1559c7ef19519e0c9ccb59f9446bedf31d4b.pjpg

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Several years ago on my way from work to my mom's house for Christmas Eve I was listening to the Packers radio broadcast as they prepared to face the Vikings. They had the Culvers trivia game and I was pretty sure I knew the answer. I decided to make one call, but I wasn't even positive I had the right number. Turns out I didn't--I called another number at the station. They gave me the correct one so I dialed it one time, got through, answered the question correctly, and won a five pack of Butter Burger Baskets and a chance for the season-long grand prize of dinner with a Packer at Culvers. Amazingly enough, the next week my name was drawn for that. The Packer ended up being Aaron Kampman--kind of before he was a household name in these parts. My wife and I met him in Appleton the day of the NFL Draft. Aaron was on the phone as he came in and announced to us that the Packers had just drafted Aaron Rodgers. Great guy--talked about parenting and family most of the time. And ate a chicken breast, no bun.

Also, my family has been named Kohl's Family of the Game at Miller Park 3 times. In fairness, we have been partial family section season ticket holders (at County stadium and Miller Park) since the early 90's.
Don't get me started on that. We've been family section customers about as long as Patrick425. We could practically be considered family section all-stars, yet have never been family of the game, only shown in the background while other fans were hoisting the novelty-sized gift card.

If anyone wants to lend us a child for part of a Friday or Saturday night game, I'll split the gift card proceeds with you. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Only 2 things worth noting:

When I was a kid, I entered a coloring contest at Pic N save. I won 3rd prize, which was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 pack on VHS.

Back in 2009, the SO and I won one of the scratch off cards they were giving away at the Fan Appreciation day. Our prize was an early 2008 roster card with Ned Yost's big fat signature at the bottom. I will say it's almost worth having, because it has Fielder, Braun and Branyon on it.

The ex-girl friend (with my help) won the road runner trivia contest at miller park last year. Two years ago I won a mountain bike at the fan appreciation game. The best part about that bike was it was already assembled so I (6,2 280lbs)(mildly drunk) rode that sucker right on down the field level concourse, out of the RF corner and across the bridge to the car. Worst park was we were in a Buick Park Avenue loaded with tailgating supplies. Had to get creative with some things to haul that baby home.

I have also won several different prizes related to hunting and the outdoors at various fund-raiser dinners hosted by hunting clubs and wildlife organizations. The best of which was a Thompson Center Encore muzzle loader. Sold it for $800.

I won the TGI Friday's call of the game one time.

From my previous trips to Brewer games, I saved the Friday's number in my phone. I had a rough idea about when they would do the contest, so as soon as they flashed it on the scoreboard, I had the number called already. I wasn't even able to use the gift certificate because of all the stipulations.

If I remember correctly, that was the last game of the 2005 season, and they stopped doing that contest after that, so I was the last winner of the TGI Friday's call of the game.

In a game against the St. Louis Cardinals in maybe 2007, my brother was selected for a dance-off at Miller Park between innings. He made a fool of himself with some sexually suggestive moves and won our section some sub sandwiches. After that game, I never again saw the dance-off. Does anybody know why they stopped that?

Patrick425[/b]]Also, my family has been named Kohl's Family of the Game at Miller Park 3 times. In fairness, we have been partial family section season ticket holders (at County stadium and Miller Park) since the early 90's.
Don't get me started on that. We've been family section customers about as long as Patrick425. We could practically be considered family section all-stars, yet have never been family of the game, only shown in the background while other fans were hoisting the novelty-sized gift card.

If anyone wants to lend us a child for part of a Friday or Saturday night game, I'll split the gift card proceeds with you. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I knew this would upset someone. To be truthful...I think we actually won it 4 times...sorry!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

In a game against the St. Louis Cardinals in maybe 2007, my brother was selected for a dance-off at Miller Park between innings. He made a fool of himself with some sexually suggestive moves and won our section some sub sandwiches. After that game, I never again saw the dance-off. Does anybody know why they stopped that?
Probably because some fool danced with sexually suggestive moves.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I won an uncut sheet of eTopps baseball cards from the Topps booth at the All-Star Game Fan Fest back in 2002, it was a cool looking sheet (sold it on eBay for about $500) I would have framed it and kept it, but if I remember correctly there was not one Brewer on the sheet

Personally I haven't, but my mom has won two trips to Orlando, one in 2008 and one in 2009. The first was a Dick's Sporting Goods sweepstakes for ESPN the weekend, which was pretty cool, but we found out on such short notice that we couldn't go for the entire length of the trip. It included the flights, two $500 gift cards to Dick's, a room at the Beach Club (really nice hotel on Disney property), and park passes. I proposed to my now wife on that trip, so the best part had nothing to do with my love of sports. The second trip basically only got us the flights and a few nights at the Gaylord Palms. That trip was hard on me mentally, I had been laid off 3 weeks prior to that and couldn't enjoy myself at all...

If anyone wants to lend us a child for part of a Friday or Saturday night game, I'll split the gift card proceeds with you.

Could you bring Nate and Sean? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I know people that work really hard at "contesting." They won a car once, but that involved traveling to the mall daily, submitting hundreds of tickets, and picking up hundreds more to bring back the following day. They did this every day for a couple of weeks.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm actually pretty lucky at raffles and have been since I was a kid. I remember winning a year's supply of canned vegetables - what an awful gift for a kid to win!

The biggest most recent is that I won a game worn Jody Gerut from the raffle for filling out All-Star Ballots. Of course, he went on the DL like that week and then we got rid of him, so I was never able to get it signed.

Sometime around 1992 I won a pack of 1978 Topp's baseball cards in a raffle at a baseball card show at the VFW in Appleton. There were no valuable cards in the pack if I remember correctly. On a dare, I ate the gum that came with the pack, which must've been about 15 years old at the time. It was gross.

I won a Rawlings baseball glove at my team banquet sometime around middle school around 1994. I used it through middle school, high school and now 16+ years later this still use this glove when I play baseball or softball.

Today in the mail I got a package. Inside was a Halo Reach hooded sweatshirt. Apparently I won one of the Mountain Dew/Halo Reach drawings. They never notified me, so I assumed I hadn't won anything.

I remember the contest started Labor Day weekend, and I had collected about 30 codes by the time the contest started. I used about 27 or 28 codes on an Xbox 360 package. I think I only used one or two codes on the hoodie.

Archived