Brewer Fanatic

ESPN Home Run chase TV coverage

Shampoo4U

On the "Big Unit" show tonight he kept on bringing up the possible chance the Brewers could have their Sunday game moved to ESPN at night. Is this possible? I thought they had to give more notice.

("broadened" thread title --1992casey)

I doubt that Bonds will play in this game if he is close to tying or breaking the record and that probably means ESPN won't brodcast it.

I think they plan on doing live look-ins if Bonds is playing and they will likely brodcast a few games in SF when he is closer to the record.

I believe there's something in ESPN's contract with MLB that would allow them to broadcast the game Sunday afternoon if they wanted to. It looks like there's bumpable stuff on ESPN2's schedule.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Unfortunately in the ESPN bylaws, there is a section that deals with the Brewers and Sunday Night Baseball. It says that the only way that a Brewers game will be shown on Sunday Night is if they change their name to the Yankees or Red Sox. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"It looks like there's bumpable stuff on ESPN2's schedule. "

SO, Casey, baseball fans like you think ESPN2's content is, in your words "bumpable", eh?

Was the 2003 Canadian Senior Triples Lawn Bowling Championships "bumpable?" Do you consider "Stump the Schwab" bumpable? That 2004 Poker Tournament, which was taped live in Portsmouth, Ohio?...............................................

Sorry...

[fixed the code in the quote --1992casey http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ]

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

My understanding is that ESPN can't move gametimes on less than two weeks notice. It might be more than that, but I'm pretty sure two weeks is the minimum.

They do air Sunday afternoon games on the final day of the season, and they can go wherever they want for those, depending on what games are important in the pennant races. But I'm pretty sure they can't move the Brewers game to Sunday night on this kind of short notice.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Geno, I'd consider 90% of ESPN's schedule to be bumpable. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Heck, I'd bump Sunday's auto race on the main channel, but I wouldn't do it without hiring some armed body guards first.

Like others, I don't think they'd be able to do any drastic time change with this kind of short notice. I think the most they could possibly do is bump the start back a few minutes to accommodate a pregame show.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I could see Bonds trying to hit two tonight. That would mean he got 755 in Milwaukee on July 20, 31 years to the day after Aaron got 755, in Milwaukee.

Then the question would be whether he played any more in the series - so as to improve the chance of his hitting the big'un in SF. If he did reach 755 early in this series (sorry, Soup), it would be interesting to see how SF reacted if, for example, Saturday's game went to extra innings and they ran low on position players.

And wouldn't a Sunday getaway day game be a natural for him to sit out of anyway? in which case ESPN would have no interest.

(Edited to add ESPN coverage content and thus make the post actually relevant to this thread.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I've got friends and family coming in from all over the state, so I hope they can't make a last minute move, or I'll be stuck with six unused tickets.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

From the ESPN TV/Radio Coverage Thread

I'm sure ESPN will cut into there regular programs to show Barry's AB once he has hit 755, but will anyone else? My problem is that I will be unable to watch ESPN from 7/23 - 7/26, and I was wondering if any other non cable TV channels would do the same thing. Also, do you think they will broadcast his Ab's on ESPNRadio?

bsglorydays

I'm guessing they will cut in on ESPN Radio. If you are in an area that does not get ESPN Radio, Sporting News Radio, Fox Sports Radio, etc like me, XM 175 will be cutting in to its normal baseball talk to cover all of Bonds' ABs.

What's ironic is that Bonds doesn't play in day games, but they bumped Sat game to a day game.

There is no chance of them moving the game. At the ticket takers, I saw a lot of people exchanging their Sat tickets for different days because they could no longer go. And that was with a month notice.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived