Brewer Fanatic

Hat obsession

jimmyjeromehardy7

I (and possibly my wife) have a hat obsession. Combined we have over 50 hats, 4 out of 5 are mine. The majority are baseball and the majority of those are Brewers but we also have hats for the Twins, White Sox (2), Phillies (2), Padres, Red Sox, Cardinals, National, Orioles, Expos. Most were bought will on vacations and some of the others are from colleges in places we've been too. I don't wear hats that often so most only make an appearance once per year or two.

Does anyone else have such an obsession and wear hats for teams they aren't true fans of?

Yesterday I was wearing a St. Louis Blues hat that my wife wanted when we visited St. Louis last weekend and someone commented on how brave I was to wear a Blues hat in Blackhawks country. And the truth is I don't really follow hockey at all which was kinda funny.

I have a hat similar to this one which I purchased at Progressive/Jacobs Field in Cleveland last year. However, around here I'm slightly worried that if I wear it, people will think I'm repping the Cubs.

I used to have a Cubs hat, in this style, purchased at Wrigley in the 1990s. Their fanbase didn't really get to me until 2003, so I didn't mind it then, but I have since gotten rid of it.

Otherwise I have maybe a dozen Brewers caps. I don't even have a Badger cap despite being affiliated with the campus since 1985.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

when I was a kid, I had a huge hat collection, everytime my dad had a rep come in, he got me one, not to mention the baseball/basketball/football/racing hats. Total I believe I used to have close to 300 or so. Some of the older trucker hats I had were pretty sweet, but they just take up too much space. Think I took like5-6 garbage bags to goodwill one day stuffed full of them. I did keep a few of my fav's, but I'm glad that faze of my life is over.

Archived