Brewer Fanatic

Somethin' Brewin'? The Brewers in Music

Jarjohm

The topic of Brewers' music seems to come up every few months around here and I've got a lot of (if not most of) my Brewer-related MP3s through links on this very site so I thought this might be of interest to other people here.

I found a really funny Brewer rap song on MySpace that I haven't seen talked about anywhere on here. Here's a link to the group's site: Osmosis Gintronic. The song, "Somethin' Brewin'," should play as soon as the site loads.

After downloading it, I decided to make a blog playlist (with audio) of all the Brewer-related songs I have. Let me know if there's any I'm missing: Right Field Bleachers Blog.

(added tag --1992)

One that you are missing is Terry Cashman's Brewers version of Talkin' Baseball from about 1993. I also love the 13+ minute mix of highlights/music from the 2005 season that a brewerfan.net poster created and shared a few years ago. I have both on my Brewers' CD, but I will look forward to adding the rap song.

Yeah that song is called "turning up the heat".

I though you said that the song "Somethin's Brewin'" was used in the commercial. "Somethin's Brewin'" is a rap song.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Quote:
One that you are missing is Terry Cashman's Brewers version of Talkin' Baseball from about 1993. I also love the 13+ minute mix of highlights/music from the 2005 season that a brewerfan.net poster created and shared a few years ago. I have both on my Brewers' CD, but I will look forward to adding the rap song.

Yeah, I have never been able to find that Terry Cashman song online. If you know where I could get it, I'd be forever in debt. Even if it's not online, if you could mail me a CD or something, that'd be great. It's definitely a missing piece in my history of Brewers music collection.

I was actually the one that made the highlights song from the 2005 season. I wish I had the energy/time to make one for the 2006 season, but I was really busy getting things up and running for my new Brewer-related pastime this offseason: RightFieldBleachers.com. I'm sure there will be a 2007 version of the song though, hopefully with a very happy ending. I'll probably work on it over the offseason and make it available some time in February at the height of anticipation for the new season. Who knows? Maybe I'll even feel really nerdy and go back and make the 2006 one anyway. There were some pretty good moments last year, despite it being a bit of a disappointing season.

I was actually the one that made the highlights song from the 2005 season.

Well, I for one am glad you did. I played that many a time during the 05-06 off-season, and even some during this past offseason. My favorite part was when Sharpie struck out Derrek Lee for the fourth time in a game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
Well, I for one am glad you did. I played that many a time during the 05-06 off-season, and even some during this past offseason. My favorite part was when Sharpie struck out Derrek Lee for the fourth time in a game. :)

Hey, happy it was appreciated. I'm pretty much just a huge Brewer/music dork so I actually had a lot of fun making it too. Hopefully the 2007 season will turn out as good.

Any background music suggestions (it usually has to be music without words so it doesn't distract from the highlights)?

And, of course, I'll have to do a favorite moments in 2007 recap post later on too to get everyone's choices for the highlights.

Archived