Brewer Fanatic

ESPN College Gameday crew coming to Madison

ryne100

Pretty sure they use the practice field north of Camp Randall.
That has been their location for past Gameday visits.

I'm not looking to be a complete wet blanket, but isn't the Badgers' record awful on game days when they host Gameday?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm not looking to be a complete wet blanket, but isn't the Badgers' record awful on game days when they host Gameday?
They won the last time they hosted in 2004 against Penn State. They lost the year before to Purdue and they lost to Michigan in 1999. I believe those are the only times they've hosted. They lost to Michigan in Ann Arbor back in 2000 and they beat Purdue back in 2004 in West Lafayette on "The Fumble."

The GameDay record might be bad, but the record for night games is good. Does that mean they even out? Where does that leave us?
Well, their record in night games vs. Ohio State is good. The last night conference game I remember at Camp Randall was Penn State putting the hurt on Wisconsin.

I'm sorry to start this tangent, which should probably be continued at lambeauleap. Still, GameDay coming here, that's pretty cool.

For ryne100 and anyone who's wondering: GameDay details from uwbadgers.com[/url]

Apparently they are opening up the stadium (at 6:30 AM) because the practice field north of Camp Randall is already hosting the Sports Illustrated Nissan Heisman Tour.

I'd normally be interested in the men's basketball scrimmage, but am not sure I want to go head to head with the football crowd.

What a crazy day Saturday promises to be, even before 6:00 PM.

It does seem like there aren't as many people there as other places but I can't tell if that's actually true or if it is just bad camera angles. The fact that you can see all the empty seats on either side of the fans makes it seem like there are a lot less people there.

Erin Andrews said it was a small turnout. Embarrassing compared to others.
I don't see what's so embarrassing about not wanting to wake up at 7:00 AM and heading to the stadium to listen to ESPN's mediocre analysis. I've never really seen the novelty of college gameday.

I'm not completely familiar with the UW campus, but wasn't there some other "green space" area they could have done this? I'm not sure I have ever seen it done in a stadium before. The whole feel of it was not like other game day broadcasts at other campuses and I think the stadium contributed to the small look of the crowd.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived