Brewer Fanatic

2010-2011 Pro Hockey Thread

trwi7
I know, it sucks to watch them on the PP. Can they decline the penalty?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that could have happened any better for the Canucks. Nice work by Luongo, just clean, conservative goal tending. No stunning saves, but good rebound control and positioning. Excellent work by Vancouver's D-men cracking down on the few solid odd-man rushes the Bruins had.

All in all, a great win.

I know, it sucks to watch them on the PP. Can they decline the penalty?

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I've talked to a couple of Boston fans and they've said they wish hockey was like football and they could just decline the penalty. Can't blame them, they suck on the power play and are the best 5 on 5 team in the league.

I would expect a Game 7 based on the first 5 games.

Again, I hate that a diver like Lapierre got the only goal. I hate the Sedins, but if they get a GW goal, it's fine by me...

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Two more HORRIBLE goals from Luongo. I don't think I've ever seen a goalie play this poorly in three games of a Stanley Cup Final. He better get it together before game 7 in Vancouver.

It's like this team turns its collective brain off when they get into Boston.

Boston ought to just start rifling shots at Luongo. One more and Schneider needs to be brought in.

Edit: What a joke.

Well, that was actually a really pretty goal by LaPierre, great pass by Sedin.

Schneider looked very solid tonight. I have to wonder how much consideration he'll be given to start game 7. Starting Luongo just feels like playing with fire to me; one goal gets past the guy and he's a train wreck.

As a hockey fan, I'm just happy to have game 7! If I weren't a Canucks fan, I'd be even more excited about the game.

It is crazy how different Roberto Luongo's stats have been at home as opposed to on the road.

Home

0.67 GAA

.979 save percentage

95/97 Saves

Away

8.05 GAA

.773 save percentage

51/66 Saves

I think he should start Game 7. But if something happens and VAN is down early, I could see Luongo getting pulled fairly quickly.

This series is crazy. I literally can not understand what is happening. I thought everybody always talked about how home ice advantage meant nothing, especially in the playoffs? But here are the Canucks winning three 1 goal games at home and getting absolutely crushed in every game in Boston. If this was any other sport, Boston would be the easy pick in game 7 but I don't know if hockey works the same way. I hope it doesn't because I'm rooting for Vancouver (my wife bought me a sweet Canucks throwback a few years ago and I've had a soft spot for them ever since).

What I can't get over is how much of a different goalie Luongo is at home vs. on the road. It's like he has no interest in playing in Boston, or he knows he cannot win there. He is sure a headcase. I'm actually expecting another 1-0 game tonight...that's the way this series has gone.

I thought everybody always talked about how home ice advantage meant nothing, especially in the playoffs?

It really doesn't. I'm shocked that each team has won all of its home games so far. Prior to the Finals home teams won 42 playoff games, road teams won 40.

I am praying that game 7 goes the Canucks way. I was a die hard fan back in 94 and they broke my heart. Gonna bust out my old Pavel Bure jersey tonight for some good luck vibes.
I still have a Pavel Bure #10 "Skate Logo" jersey from my younger years. Actually I snatched it on eBay for like $25 after he became a Ranger.

As for home ice advantage, I agree with trwi for the most part, but Luongo is a nut job and I think there has been something too that. Overall I don't think the Canucks have been 14 goals worse than the Bruins in those three games outside of Luongo v. Thomas. Thomas has been excellent and Luongo has been embarrassingly abysmal. All I can say now is that this at least better be a fun game, and the Canucks better pull it out in the end. I'd hate to see 82 games of dominance be forgotten because of a terrible 7-game series.

He will now be known as Roberto Luowngoal.
What the heck is Luongo doing edging outside the crease to play the bad angle shot there? Given that he misplayed that entire play and had his momentum going the wrong way, it's not hard to expect that puck to end up in the back of the net.

Oh well, 24 more minutes and a power play. If things don't turn around, there's always next season!

Why does Boston get to win everything?

I shared the same thought with my wife. Since 2001, all four of their teams have won at least one championship (NE-3, Sox-2, Celtics-1 (lost 1), Bruins-1). In my lifetime, a favorite sports team of mine has one twice...

Back to the series...it was highly entertaining, again. Tim Thomas was fantastic, Roberto Luongo was pretty terrible in 4 games, and Gary Bettman may be the most hated person in all of sports.

DFA Luongo. What a joke.

Don't they owe him like, half of British Columbia?

I think he has $55 million left on his deal, and it ends in 2021 I believe. So yeah, that's about half of BC. I really hope he isn't broken now.

The Predators have a new logo. There will be new uniforms as well but they haven't shown them yet. I dig the new logo though.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln7ctgTKwK1qldgljo1_500.jpg

Just for fun: Relocation and Reallignment!

EAST:

Conf1: NJ, NYR, BOS, MON, TOR

Conf2: Pitt, PHI, BUF, OTT, QUEBEC (formally NYI)

Conf3: CAR, COLUM, NASH, WASH, TB

WEST:

Conf1: CHI, STL, DET, DAL, MIL (formally FLA)

Cond2: WIN, MIN, CAL, EDM, KC (formally PHO)

Conf3: VAN, ANA, SJ, LA, COL

A guy a dream, can't he?

Archived