Brewer Fanatic

Macha throws Fielder, Braun, under the bus (so to speak)

I usually agreed with Macha's in-game decisions.

However, the players never seemed to like him. This report only confirms things we had been hearing during the season. I don't believe a manager has too much influence during the course of the season, so I'd just assume have a manager the players actually like playing for.

Are Prince and Braun too cocky and arrogant? Probably. But I really missed the flare the team exhibited in prior seasons with untucking their shirts and a bowling pin celebration.

Last year the Brewers were bad but exciting. This year they were bad and boring.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Are Prince and Braun too cocky and arrogant? Probably. But I really missed the flare the team exhibited in prior seasons with untucking their shirts and a bowling pin celebration.

I never understood how team celebrations (untucking) is considered arrogant (ok, the bowling pin was a bit). Even with the bowling pin, they hit a home run, why shouldn't they be able to celebrate it? Why don't pitchers throw at Bernie Brewer for sliding down the slide? Or at Ueck for telling the ball to "Get Out of Here!" ?

People call the NFL the no-fun-league, but they allow a player to celebrate (on their own) for a touchdown. Winners jump on each other and celebrate after a win, yet still shake hands at the middle of the field afterwords (at least some). I'm actually amazed at the camaraderie in the NFL among players.

To me, saying a winning team can't celebrate is the sign of a poor loser (yes, I'm talking about you St.Louis). There are obviously lines not to cross (mooning - fake or real) to remain respectful, but untucking shirts? please!

I'm not sure that Fielder nor Braun is too cocky or arrogant (at least to the public eye). But neither one seems to really exhibit true leadership qualities either. Maybe that will develop as they get older. Ironically, I actually thought that Cameron exhibited leadership by implementing the untuck celebration. It helped unify the team (even in a small way) and I think we missed that this year.

Archived