Brewer Fanatic

Team by team analysis of Fielder trade partners

NYChez
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always thought that must have come from the classic "Homer at the Bat" episode, but didn't remember those players. I'm glad to finally know what your avatar actually is, Invader. Don't ask me why I never just pm'd you about it.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yeah. Found it via this post by Funketown in the "Ryan Braun Facebook Page. Real or Not?" thread. Believe it or not, it's Gamel's Facebook profile picture.

Hah, just noticed that Braddock's is kinda funny, too:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs171.ash2/41629_677138168_9122_n.jpg

Does anybody think the Yankees might make a run at trading for Prince. I realize they have Posada at DH, but for a world series contender year in and year out, is his bat that good at the position. And he's pretty old. Maybe a longshot, but I could see them possibly moving away from Posada to make a big splash and trade for Prince. I'd want Montero and Joba. We then could peddle a catcher to the Marlins in a Garza or Shields deal.

Does anybody think the Yankees might make a run at trading for Prince. I realize they have Posada at DH, but for a world series contender year in and year out, is his bat that good at the position. And he's pretty old. Maybe a longshot, but I could see them possibly moving away from Posada to make a big splash and trade for Prince. I'd want Montero and Joba. We then could peddle a catcher to the Marlins in a Garza or Shields deal.
I thought the same thing. Check post #333 in this thread.

-I want Gardner/Joba+ for Fielder (Gardner is the new CF)

-Keep Lucroy

-Trade Cain in Garza/Shields deal

The Yankees need the DH to rest Jeter and ARod going forward. They won't be going after Fielder most likely.
To quote Terrell Owens' agent, I can think of 164 million reasons the Yankees won't sign Fielder. This is the amount owed A-Rod, who is already breaking down and is under contract for 7 more seasons, at which point he'll be 42 years old. The Yankees already have their long-term 1st baseman and DH on the team.

Right, but every GM in the league would like Fielder in the middle of their lineup too. Especially ones that have money to keep him.

Why would the Yankees want to trade (arguably) the best hitting prospect in the minors for a one-year rental of Fielder? That makes no sense to me. If they want to sign Fielder in FA, they can just do that. And like endaround notes, they'll have several players to use in the DH spot in the near future.

To put this type of idea in a Brewers context, it would be like trading Lawrie for Cliff Lee last season. Except Montero blows Lawrie away offensively.

Oh, and guess who's in a contract year?!?

Not sure if that should be in blue; but it is not really a fair statement. He's lost weight the last couple of years...I want to say he was at his largest when he used to flop around the bases in 2006 or so and he's definitely trimmed down since then (with some back and forth through the years). I guess one could say that when you are in arbitration, every year is a contract year; but still.
Yeah, it was mostly tongue in cheek, but I'm sure the idea of a new contract has got him even more motivated. I think it has something to do with it, but last year he did seem like he lost weight too. It's really astounding to look at Prince in his rookie year to where he was physically 2 years ago or even last year.

SO everyone is assuming now that we are going to keep Fielder for 2011? I gotta ask myself a question though. If the Orioles or Dodgers offered Adam Jones or Matt Kemp for Fielder, would you do it? Are we better with:

Fielder & Gomez/Dickerson

or

Gamel & Jones or Kemp

I am kind of struggling with that to be honest. Somebody convince me the Brewers are better with Fielder & Gomez/Dickerson than the other combination because I think I would make those deals.

I would trade Fielder for Jones but not Kemp. I am not so sure or as high on Kemp.

I wonder if Manny Ramirez can play 1B? Trade Prince for a Carlos Gonzalez type of a player yeah I know I am dreaming and then trade Hart and put Gamel in RF and then sign Manny to play 1B.

I am not sure if I should put some of that in blue or not.

SO everyone is assuming now that we are going to keep Fielder for 2011?

I gotta ask myself a question though. If the Orioles or Dodgers offered

Adam Jones or Matt Kemp for Fielder, would you do it? Are we better

with:

or
Gamel & Jones or Kemp

I

am kind of struggling with that to be honest. Somebody convince me the

Brewers are better with Fielder & Gomez/Dickerson than the other

combination because I think I would make those deals.

Fielder and Gomez

for

Jones and Hardy

Lineup

Weeks 2B

Hardy SS

Gamel RF

Braun LF

Hart 1B

Jones CF

McGhee 3B

Lucroy C

I may be proven (again - proven is not a word? - when I type it in Microsoft Word, it does not try to correct it.) wrong some day, but I really don't have much faith in Gamel ever becoming a productive MLB player. Some of this has to do with intangibles. I think he's going to be a head case. I would love to see them trade him for something of value. I'm guessing they have not yet because no one is really willing to offer much for him.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

SO everyone is assuming now that we are going to keep Fielder for 2011? I gotta ask myself a question though. If the Orioles or Dodgers offered Adam Jones or Matt Kemp for Fielder, would you do it? Are we better with:

or
Gamel & Jones or Kemp

I am kind of struggling with that to be honest. Somebody convince me the Brewers are better with Fielder & Gomez/Dickerson than the other combination because I think I would make those deals.

Fielder and Gomez

for

Jones and Hardy

Lineup

Weeks 2B

Hardy SS

Gamel RF

Braun LF

Hart 1B

Jones CF

McGhee 3B

Lucroy C

Please call Baltimore right now Mr. Southpaw and offer this. I have been bouncing this idea in my head for weeks.

Jones is already into arbitration years. The Orioles have soured on him a bit. He got off to a slow start last year and it really exposed his hacktastic weaknesses. He's good in CF, but probably not up to his reputation. Of course he's just 25 so could break through and hit 30 homers a year for the next 4 seasons.

Archived