Brewer Fanatic

Ken Burns' Tenth Inning

Bikeage77

Any mention of the Brewers or Milwaukee Braves?
The Brewers were mentioned when the topic got to Bud Selig becoming commish. Nothing good or bad, just that he was the owner. A picture of an irate Phil Garner was also shown during a brief discussion of the growing disparity between large market teams and small/mid market teams.

The Milwaukee Braves only came up twice, and just in passing: 1) Joe and Frank Torre played for them, and 2) The Atlanta Braves won their first World Series since 1957 when they were in Milwaukee.

The Brewers were also briefly mentioned in the very beginning/intro of last night's episode... but only that a team changed leagues, something that'd never happened before. Accompanied by a still image of Fernando Viña, and iirc Garner.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I liked the second half a lot too. There was a lot of focus on Bonds and the steroid era, but you'd expect that. I loved the Red Sox part. Love em or hate em, that was such a rollercoaster series to come back on New York. Also, I realized with watching multiple heroics in a close setting tonight, that what I've always thought is absolutely true....that baseball heroics are more epic than any other sport.

Also noted, watching the Sox fall apart in 2003 when pe3dro was left in too long, still brought back all those feelings I experienced then.

Any mention of the Brewers or Milwaukee Braves?

They barely mentioned them in the first nine innings. He should have just renamed the series "Baseball...in New York". According to most so called baseball historians, Brooklyn is still reeling from the loss of the Dodgers even though their attendance stunk, yet Milwaukee, the top city in attendance in the NL for much of the 50s lost their team after the fans became apathetic. They gloss over the fact attendance went down after the team announced they were leaving. Burns barely mentions the Braves, despite their move being one of the most significant events in baseball history. It was the huge success of Milwaukee that prompted the massive move west. They all forget Milwaukee, Baltimore and KC happened before Los Angeles.

Archived