Brewer Fanatic

Will Gomez be back next year?

Crash2303
I would hope Gomez is in AAA next year or on another team. I don't want to see him playing for the Brewers again without proving he has changed his approach. A good month of winter ball will prove nothing. My fear is that he will have a decent spring training and somehow end up as our starting CF.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

JohnBriggs12[/b]]
TooLiveBrew[/b]]I agree with trwi7. Gomez really needs a wake-up call imo. He's shown no change in approach, or really that he thinks he has to improve all that much to deserve a starting job.

I wonder what X ellence's thoughts on this will be http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Since September 1, he's hit .382/.400/.441 How is that not a change? I doubt he ever becomes a guy who takes a lot of walks. But he's getting some bunt hits, legging out some squib hits and occasionally squaring one up and as usual causing some havoc on the bases. If he just matched his .289/.337/.361 since the All Star game for a full season, he'd be valuable.

Since September 1st, he has 36 PA with a BABIP of .464.

Since the All-Star Break he has 90 PAs with a BABIP of .421.

Rather than saying he has made a change, it is much more likely he has simply had more balls fall in or hit gaps than over the course of his career BABIP of .310. Thats why people don't like to quote such small samples.

Archived