Brewer Fanatic

2011 all-fan giveaways (Dates appear on magnet schedule)

hawing

The 2011 magnet schedule distributed to fans at the September 24-26 Marlins games has six Sunday dates asterisked as all-fan giveaways:

April 24 (vs. Houston)

May 22 (Colorado)

June 12 (St. Louis, a marquee matchup)

July 10 (Cincinnati)

August 14 (Pittsburgh)

September 25 (Florida)

Let the speculation begin?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Gallardo (I will be very upset if he isn't one)

Wolf

Hoffman 600 (This has to be a lock)

Racing Sausage (It'd be Hot Dog's turn in the rotation if they want to start over, and they're popular enough that I'm guessing they will)

Weeks/Hart (One of the two, it's a toss up in my book, Weeks if he signs some form of extension, otherwise Hart)

Axford

I think it's too soon for guys like Cain/Lucroy/Escobar, but because of how well he pitched Axford will be one.

1. Hoffman 600 (lock)

2. Casey McGehee

3. Axford

4. Gallardo (It's time, they better do it this year!)

I think those 4 are givens...After that, who knows?

I have no interest in starting the sausages over, and truly hope they don't go that route.

Would love to see a full size Ben Oglive or Ted Simmons, but I doubt they see a reason to celebrate the 80's world series until we have another anniversary. (30th maybe, 2012) How about a George Scott or Sixto Lezcano? Now that would be awesome!

I really hope they don't make a Wolf, but that is probably likely... BOOOOOOOOO!

What I really wish is that they would only do 4 bobbles a year unless they have obvious reasons to do it. Would also like to see the alternates disappear.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'd like to see the Brewers give away a Prince bobble. The bobble comes with 2 buttons. The first button plays "The Lonely Man" from the Incredible Hulk. The second button plays a sound bite of Prince stating "Boras works for me."

The bobble would look something like this except he'd have a huge bag of money instead of the duffle bag.

http://foleywrites.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/111309_2210_AManandHisN1.jpg

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

1. Gallardo

2. Wolf

3. McGehee

4. Selig

5. Cirillo

6. Pat Listach - One in his uniform as the new Brewers' manager and alternate in his rookie of the year jersey. Although maybe they would wait a year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the award.

1. Gallardo

2. Wolf

3. McGehee

4. Selig

5. Cirillo

6. Pat Listach - One in his uniform as the new Brewers' manager and alternate in his rookie of the year jersey. Although maybe they would wait a year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the award.

This would be my ideal list. Gallardo has to be a lock, I would think for sure one of McGehee/Wolf gets one, if not both. I would love a Cirillo. Got his Snappers bobble, but want a Brewers one of him.

As long as Gallardo finally gets one, I will be happy with whoever else is on the list. Axford would be cool to.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I could see Bud Selig being the non-player bobble this year. Hoffman is the lock. I forgot that Gallardo never really had a bobblehead so I'd add him in there. I'll change my list to Hoffman, Gallardo, McGehee, Wolf, and either Axford or Weeks probably if he gets and extension. Then I think there will be a non-player bobble like usual. All the sausages have been done, so I think it will be something else. Possibly our new manager or Attanasio. Would like to see Selig done though for sure.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

As seems to be the consensus, Hoffman will have a 600 saves commemorative one, I'd guess it'll be him with his arms raised straight up, as seen in this picture. I almost doubt that Mark A. will have one, he doesn't seem like the type of owner who would want one of him mass produced. I can see Selig though. Just as long as it's not Ned Yost or Ken Macha...

Hoffman 600th save

Gallardo (w/alternate)

McGehee (w/alternate)

Escobar or Axford (w/alternate)

Wolf (w/alternate)

Selig

It could also depend on what happens with the Prince Fielder situation. If we reel in some stud pitcher somehow, it could very well be him over an Escobar/Axford/or Selig.

I'd much rather see Cirillo get one. I'd also like to see a George Scott one, but the likely hood that even 25% of Brewers fans know of the Boomer takes that away. I'm just praying they never do another Robin Yount one again. I think he's got like 7 different ones if you include the alternates?

I'd also like to see some change in uniforms alternates or not. Maybe a gray home or a navy away? I'm pretty tired of all the pinstripe bobbles getting into my collection and just the normal whites. I'm also out of room on my bobbleheads shelves to put anymore up until I move to another place with a bigger room for my office.

i'm kinda done with all the alternates, tracking them down is a pain. hoffman is a lock even though his from last season is one of the worst the brewers have done. i would like to see gallardo, mcgehee, and lucroy. listach would be really cool. i wouldnt mind a wolf or even a dave bush(pending resigning). a smoking selig would be great.

A Selig bobblehead could come with a Gilles lunch accessory. Better that than the infamous "hands in the air" pose!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/297/170/2002_display_image.jpg?1279026889

More seriously, my early guesses include Wolf (maybe have howling wolves at his feet!), McGehee, Gallardo, and Axford (you've got to capitalize on that one while he's still hot). For the other two - assuming they're bobbles - I really don't know. The 600-save milestone makes sense since the Brewers consider it the highlight of the year, and it would have broad fan appeal.

I'd rather not see a bobble for a first-year acquisition; perhaps the 2009 Hoffman bobble was in his contract, but the Brewers were lucky that Trevor was doing well when his was issued.

I'd be alllll over a Lucroy bobble, but I don't know if it's his time just yet. Maybe if they try an "unexpectedly early callup" series. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'll cringe if the all-fan giveaways were as blatantly linked to sponsors as Bernie's Kalahari shillhead bobblehead was this April. I know the sponsor name will always be on the base of the bobblehead, but Bernie standing in a splash zone seemed too much. Ooh, I know, here's Lorenzo Cain turning on a Generac home generator!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I hope they go back and do at least 2 old timers............Scott, Hisle, Sixto, Benji, Vuke, Deer and/or Sveum Easter Sunday, Higuera, Cirillo, Vaughn, Surhoff, Plesac............

Love the idea of a Selig. Not sure he would sell tickets. Stack the extras next to the Melvins in the basement of Miller Park waiting for the next flood to wipe them out!

As for current guys. Hoping they hold off on rookies like Lucroy, Cain, Escobar. Time will tell if they are "bobble worthy".

Wolf, Gallardo, McGehee would be great. If Counsell is back I think he would sell lots of tickets and is appropriate I think since he a local.

I could see them doing an Axford, but I hope he doesn't do a Turnbow and see his career fall apart once they give them out. How about a "real hair" mustache for Axford???

Trevor 600 makes a lot of sense.

I have a great idea for one.

Have it be a mini version(a standard size would be way too big) of all 3 Braun, Hart, and McGehee standing next to each other on the same platform with the number and letters 100 RBI in front of them. Remember the Prince 50 in a season with the crown on his head? Have them stand like that with them holding the bat like how Prince had it. To top it off, instead of them each wearing the same color jersey, have them each wear a different one. White, Gray, and Navy. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have a great idea for one.

Have it be a mini version(a standard size would be way too big) of all 3 Braun, Hart, and McGehee standing next to each other on the same platform with the number and letters 100 RBI in front of them. Remember the Prince 50 in a season with the crown on his head? Have them stand like that with them holding the bat like how Prince had it. To top it off, instead of them each wearing the same color jersey, have them each wear a different one. White, Gray, and Navy. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Great idea, you really SHOULD send that to the brewers for an idea...

You never know, they may use it!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Love the idea of the three 100 RBI guys.........but make them full size and interlocking bobbles.........and give away all 3 on the same day, like they did the 3 versions of Yount a few years back.

Archived