Brewer Fanatic

I want an Xbox 360...

Athens Badger

What is my best option? Get a cheap one on Ebay? What are the store prices and when will they be coming down?

I'm big on sports games and it sounds like to get the most out of NCAA 2008 and Madden this year I'll need to upgrade from my PS2. Any words of advice?

i buy everything on ebay, but i hink the 360 is the one thing i'd buy new....

these hings break, and i'd want to have as much maanufacturers warranty as possible...i also wouldn't sut someone to send me one that hadnt already had problems..

i say buy a ps3...for some reason everyone hates sony right now, which is oddd because the same people used to hate microsoft...sony made a better product last generation, i believe that the ps3 is a better product than the 360 as well...so after you've gotten a wii, i say go ps3 next..

I agree. Buy new when it comes to video game consoles. Also, I'd recommend the Premium package or the Elite package. If you buy a Core unit you are likely getting and older 360. Good luck and have fun, the 360 is a lot of fun.

Madden performs better on the 360. (30 fps vs 60 fps)

That said, wait a while. There are strong rumours that the new 65 nm chip will finally come out in September and that a price cut will happen fairly shortly.

I have a question too...

My friend is offering to sell his Xbox (not 360) for $80. I only have $100 saved up. Should I take my friend up on his offer? Also, I'd like to know how much Xbox Live, or PS2 Online is.

I'd wait personally. I don't see any point in getting the first Xbox.

As for Xbox Live, I think its like $50/year. PS2 doesn't have any real online support like MS does, its on a game by game basis. The online for PS3 is free too, but again, not as extensive at this time as Xbox Live is.

The PS2 was not superior to the Xbox...

I liked my Dreamcast better than my PS2. Xbox had better video, Dreamcast had better sound, I let my brother take my PS2 when he moved out for nothing. I still miss Crazy Taxi.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

End forgot Halo3 on Sept 25th, unless he's not a Halo fan.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Oh Mass Effect!!!! The last time I was this excited for a video game was at the release of the Nintendo 64 console. I will wait in line for Mass Effect.

Don't forget about Bio Shock, Fable 2, Resident Evil 5, Turok and the Halo games.

Save up for the 360. Don't buy an original xbox. 360 can play most of the xbox games. 360 has more exclusive titles out and more coming by the end of the year. That is the only reason to get it over PS3 right now. Halo 3, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon to name a few. Plus all the sports games. Not really anything is a PS3 exclusive this year.

EDIT: Don't buy the core system. I would actually recommend the Elite system since it has a HDMI output and larger hard drive. 20 GB doesn't go very far when you start downloading stuff off of Xbox Live.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

They also have a Halo themed 360 coming out. I agree with Russ, they will have a price drop or some other sort of internal redesign this holiday season. Not until well after the release of Halo 3 though. I would say at least 4-6 weeks after Halo 3 comes out.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived