Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 7

pitchleague
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mose insisting on parking Toby's car and then plowing it about 20 rows deep into the corn field was one of the first times I've laughed out loud watching this show for awhile. Decent episode, I enjoyed the "closing ceremony" with Dwight as well.

I took the season off until it got put on Netflix, so I started watching it Friday night and am through the first part of the Christmas episode. It has been a far better season than I thought it would be. Possibly because of my low expectations going in.

Mose insisting on parking Toby's car and then plowing it about 20 rows deep into the corn field was one of the first times I've laughed out loud watching this show for awhile. Decent episode, I enjoyed the "closing ceremony" with Dwight as well.
But it was once again ruined by NBC showing the clip on previews throughout the week.

I'll keep watching, but I don't expect much anymore. Jim wrote an entire book on throwing a garden party just to make Dwight look like an idiot? Really? We're supposed to believe that this could really happen? Things don't have to be entirely believable, but I found this concept just preposterous and couldn't get over it which probably ruined any chance of me enjoying this one. Robert California is great. I wish they would have just let him take over for Michael at least for a year.

Community is always hit-or-miss for me because if I don't get the joke that week it all goes over my head. This last episode was probably my favorite of all time.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Yeah, Community really knocked it out of the park last week. It's ironic, but that show often struggles the most when it actually involves classroom hijinks instead of just letting the ensemble bounce off each other or aiming really big. Hitting what should be the show's routine formula is where it struggles most.

Robert

Yeah, Community really knocked it out of the park last week. It's ironic, but that show often struggles the most when it actually involves classroom hijinks instead of just letting the ensemble bounce off each other or aiming really big. Hitting what should be the show's routine formula is where it struggles most.

Robert

last week's episode with Troy and Abed's apartment was the first in three seasons that I thought was funny, clever and just generally entertaining. First time I've laughed at that show in forever. Usually, it's "heh, that's kind of funny" once or twice an episode and that's all--the rest of the time has me sitting there just staring at the screen, saying, "why am I watching this?"

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• 3 weeks later...

they never actually solved the mistakes issue. and why would Dwight have made a result that would have cost him his job?

the show still has a lot of potential to be funny, and everyone still likes the characters--it's still the first show i choose to watch on Hulu even though Parks&Rec is available. i think of when the show has been the funniest and it's been when the comedy was based on something relateable to a real office. but a lot of plotlines are moving away from that and even the characters themselves are moving away from being real people.

i guess we'll never get to see how Outsourced obviously would have played out.

The cold opening was atrocious. Like Bigger Bang Theory bad. Erin is the worst character in the history of the universe. Please just have her get killed by the Scranton Strangler or something. Kevin sucks too, but at least he's funny once in a great while.

I thought it sucked overall, and I've kinda liked this season in general. So sick of the writers trying to come up with stupid little problems between Jim and Pam because Pam is pregnant and her hormones are all over the place. Cripes. Seems like they've done that every episode.

If I don't like the next episode it's coming off the DVR.

• 4 weeks later...

While the Christmas episode wasn't very original, I actually laughed quite a bit throughout this episode. Kinda nice to not have Pam around.

I'm really starting to get into Community. It took me awhile to "get" the humor, but I enjoy it quite a bit now. I've never even watched an episode of Glee last night, but I was quite impressed with last night's parody. Love Abed and Troy rapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X6hG2u89xk

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived