Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 7

pitchleague
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this needs a bump after last nights episode. We finally find out why Michael is leaving and that atleast for now Will Ferrell will be the new boss.

thought it was one of the better episodes of the season even though the end was pretty cheesy.

A cheesy, but very heart felt episode of The Office. Liked the end scene especially with the rain coming down from the sprinklers as Michael tells them he and Holly are leaving. The group looked pretty sad. Also liked how Kevin asked if they were all leaving. Haha.

From what I read Will Ferrell will serve as an interim boss these last four episodes of season 7 and then Will Arnett may take over full time in season 8.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

i'd read somewhere that the original Office creator (blanking on his name) had recommended Arnett to take over. plus it looks like Arnett is going to be in quite a few more episodes of 30 Rock, which makes sense if NBC was going to further expose him to a prime-time audience before going to The Office.

Michael has become so normal-human the last few seasons. the scene that surprised me the most when he was so absolutely confident that Holly was going to say yes to his proposal. i would have figured him to freak out.

Will Arnett's Fox show has been canceled as well. Couple that with the fact that Arnett was on 30 Rock, is married to Amy Poehler, and is completely awesome, and you got a recipe for success.

I may have said it earlier, but I want him to play his "Gob" character on the show.

I would love Arnett to take over and I agree with razor that he needs to put a lot of Gob into it. At first I was sad to hear that Carell was leaving but the more I think about it, the character has just run out of storylines and jokes besides this final one. I still think the Office has some good seasons ahead of it if they find the right replacement.

Arnett has never done anything BUT his Gob character (not that i'm complaining).

i could see Gob fitting in well as the boss on the Office. he's bossy but not intimidating, which would unite the staff against him in the same ways that Michael used to do with his cultural ignorance.

• 5 weeks later...
if Ferrell isn't going to permanently take over Michael's job, i don't really understand what the point is of taking series time to train him for the job. they've been shelving any secondary stories with the other characters to spend the most time with Michael, so then what's the point of Will Ferrell? it's not like you need a guest star for the show when we already know that Carrell is leaving.

I enjoyed last nights episode. It wasn't that funny but that's always hard to do with a comedy when you are saying goodbye to a character or a series finale. I did bust out laughing when I saw Creed had taken Michael's "Worlds Best Boss" mug out of the garbage though.

Since when did all of Michael's coworkers all like him? They didn't even want to hang out with the guy and the only guy who did was pissed at him. It just seemed forced...

Yep, stupid...and I thought this was a nice bounce back season as I consider season 6 a complete disaster.

So I'm supposed to believe an attention whoring person like Michael isn't gonna tell any of his employees he's actually leaving a day early? I dunno, something about just seemed very abrupt and I don't like the send off they gave him.

The D'Angelo character is absolutely terrible. I know it's become hip to hate on anything Ferrell has touched the last five years, but there's no way this is his fault. He's been fine. It's the writing for the character that has been just awful.

Still some good bits though. Gabe killed it. Toby and his brother were funny. The Pam and Michael airport scene was touching (you could argue Michael probably bonded more with Pam than anyone else. Dwight included.)

I'm done with the show after this year but there's a couple questions I hope they answer...is Phyllis Erin's mom? Are they gonna go more in depth with the Scranton Strangler? They've def been hinting at both being major plot points.

I agree with GodSpeed, if the Phyllis/Erin thing (something I didn't even THINK of last night) or the Gabe as the Scranton Strangler comes to fruition, I am DONE with this show. That would be so moronic.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Since when did all of Michael's coworkers all like him? They didn't even want to hang out with the guy and the only guy who did was pissed at him. It just seemed forced...
I don't think everybody "liked" him so much as they were coming to terms with an important part of their life moving on to different things. As annoying as he was, Michael has always been well-meaning and there was no reason for them not to give him a nice sendoff.

I really loved this episode, and I haven't liked most of the season. I

think it was very well in character for Michael. He didn't tell him that it was really his last day because he couldn't handle a real goodbye. This is very plausible from the Michael we know. Jim knew him well enough to catch on to that. I think it was very touching for he and Pam to be the ones to give him a real goodbye, since they have always been the ones who "got" him the most. From the time Jim pulled Michael into the office to when Pam caught him at the airport. I was fighting off tears, it was that good.

And the scene where he pulled off the microphone was great. It was a nod to the British series. But the context showed the difference between the two shows. When Tim took off his mike in the original, he immediately had his dreams shattered. When Michael took his off, he left to go fulfill a dream. I'm glad they gave him a positive sendoff. And the inaudible "that's what she said" was a perfect last line for Steve.

Archived