Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 7

pitchleague
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was pleasantly surprised with Gervais' cameo, as well. I'm not one for spoilers so I had no idea that this was coming.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

really enjoyed the last two episodes before last night. Really no funny moments, didn't really find any of the captions funny. I know they are setting up Micheal's farewell though. Also the jedi-mind tricks between Mickeal and Holly were a reach.

they just used the Jedi Mind tricks (good term, by the way) to help establish that Holly was slowly realizing herself that Michael is her soul mate, just like he said.

To be honest, I didn't really laugh at any of the shows from last night--Community, Office, Parks and Rec. They just weren't all that funny, to me. Kind of bummed me out.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yeah, a little bit of a "slow" night. I think I've mentioned this in the past, but last night's Office was one of those necessary "character advancement" ones where the jokes tend to be harder to come by. Other than the part in the Chinese restaurant, I didn't really laugh too much.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Holly was only in town temporarily. so this whole time i've been assuming she'll eventually have to go back to Nashua when Toby returns, and then Michael will have a "won't made that mistake again" moment and stay up there with her.

Love how Community featured Fat Neil. They have a lot of great side characters.

Good episode, but it's probably not even in my top 5 for the season. Off of the top of my head, I can say Conspiracy Theories, KFC rocket launcher episode, Secret Garden parody with the racist gardener, and Halloween zombie episode were all better. Show is just sooo good.

The Office: Michael and Holly plot was okay. One thing...isn't The Office supposed to be funny? I don't I laughed once last night.

at least for me, in the history of the show, The Office hasn't had the ability to both be funny and to move the storyline forward. it's one or the other. it's why last season was so bad, because they couldn't figure out which to choose. with the show essentially coming to an end, i can certainly understand that more fans would be interested in seeing a finality to the characters than just being funny. and with the limited number of shows remaining, i'm guessing there won't be a ton of funny episodes remaining.

You know, I've thought pretty much the entire 7th season has been terrible, but PDA was a classic. Even Erin won me over in this one.

I still think there's life in this show after Steve Carrell, but have no faith in the ability of the writing staff and the network to let them move on unimpeded.

This show has long suffered from its glut of characters leading to a lack of focus, but this episode was the first one for me in a long time that was able to reign them in to even a quasi-relateable storyline. Not sure how much that can be attributed to Greg Daniels being back to direct, but wouldn't discount it in the least.

Archived