Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 7

pitchleague
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So each month we have to do a Saint to review at our school. I thought it would be fun to do an "Office" type parody. The third graders didn't get it too much but it was fun making it. I will keep it up for a little bit if you want to watch it, you may enjoy a couple references to The Office in it.

the Office was decent. glad they're not going in the exact same direction with Ed Helms and the Secretary than they did with Jim and Pam.

not really into musicals, so i fast-forwarded through most all of Community. well, all but Annie's song. i, uh, like her singing. so i already had to patiently wait through Parks & Rec's season being delayed, and now Community? i know it's getting terrible ratings, but i hope NBC starts to realize that what's important is putting out quality shows and then the viewership will follow.

...so when does Louis C.K. make his inevitable appearance on Parks & Rec?

• 1 month later...
I actually thought last night was one of the worst episodes of the Office I had seen and I'm usually not as critical of the show as others are. There were some really kind of odd moments that they chose to cut to commercials. Moments that were more disturbing than funny.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I actually thought last night was one of the worst episodes of the Office I had seen and I'm usually not as critical of the show as others are. There were some really kind of odd moments that they chose to cut to commercials. Moments that were more disturbing than funny.
Odd. I thought it was the best episode in a long time. I haven't laughed as loud or long as I did when Dwight drowned in a long time. I'm not sure why, it really wasn't all that funny but I couldn't stop laughing.

i am really enjoying this season, but i didn't watch last night's episode yet. I had to choose between big bang theory and the office, and the coice is an easy one every time...

but you don't since they aren't on during the same time. The choice is 30 rock and BBT which isn't as easy, although BBT always wins and i double back to 30 rock on the dvr.

i did like gabe and ryan trying to suck up to Robert, dont want to say more to not ruin it.

I thought it was pretty funny, though I really don't quite get where they're going with some of the characters. They were teasing Andy having some sort of relationship with Robert California's ex, but that seems to have been dropped already. Some of the other characters just seem sort of "there" at this point. I don't get where all this is supposed to be leading (if anywhere).
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

In my opinion, The Office has gone down hill fast. My problem is that I don't like Robert or Gabe. I don't find either of even remotely funny, and I think Robert's character is making the other characters less funny. I always enjoyed a line or 2 from Creed every episode, but never talks any more. I still watch every episode hoping that it'll turn around, but it's been a while since I've laughed out loud.

i am really enjoying this season, but i didn't watch last night's episode yet. I had to choose between big bang theory and the office, and the coice is an easy one every time...

but you don't since they aren't on during the same time. The choice is 30 rock and BBT which isn't as easy, although BBT always wins and i double back to 30 rock on the dvr.

i did like gabe and ryan trying to suck up to Robert, dont want to say more to not ruin it.

I DVR them both and usually only have.time to watch 1 before bed.

• 2 weeks later...

giving this a bump since new shows came back last night.

overall wasn't much of a fan of last nights, only because it seems like the focus half their show on jim vs dwight pranks or their rivalry now just about every week. you kind of get sick of the show being focused on those two every week.

i like that the show was Jim vs. Dwight. i missed that in a lot of the previous seasons. take away Carrell and that bit of the show is still it's bread and butter. at first when Carrell left i thought the show would only last a year, but i'd bet it goes at least another year past this. it still has to be a big money-maker, and the actors aren't so big that they're going to easily jump ship to another project like Carrell could.

although it does seem like the major characters are starting to reach their ultimate conclusion and there won't be much left to add to the narrative. Jim has his family already and now Dwight has his kid and will probably get back with Angela (The Senator is a great character). so i guess they'll spend the rest of the season on Dwight and his kid, next season will slowly get Ed Helms hooked back up with the secretary, and then that's about all there is left to tell.

any predictions?

Ed Helms/Secretary--seems obvious they end up together unless the writers want an unexpected ending.

Angela--it's revealed soon that she and The Senator have never actually had sex. hinted that she'll get back with Dwight.

Dwight--maybe ends up with Angela. personality softens considerably with his kid.

Kelly Kapoor--comes into money.

BJ Novak--with Kelly into money, asks Kelly to marry him because he sees it as a career boost.

Creet--just doesn't come into work one day and is never heard from again. big secret about him hinted at, like he's on the FBI Most Wanted list or something.

that accountant--he will help reveal that The Senator is gay.

the boss--i don't really care.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought the last one might've been the worst episode yet. I knew Michael was the funniest and best part of the Office, but even I didn't expect the show to drop off as much as it has since he left. The beginning of the Will Ferrell arc was the beginning of the end for me. I watch this show because I love the characters, but it's not very funny anymore. And I liked it up until recently - I didn't think it declined a long time ago like others.

i thought thursday was the funniest in a while. i agree that the show has gone downhill, but that would be expected when you lose someone like steve carell. this has been said on the thread numerous times, but the show set such a high standard, it can no longer live up to it. its still as funny as most of the top shows on tv these days some times, some episodes are bombs.

the fact that after every show some people here like it and some hate it, shows that everyone is looking for something different, which is tough for a show to live up to.

Archived