Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 7

pitchleague

Well, season 7 is under way, so probably should make another topic. Might not be as much interest this year, though.

I liked the cold opening. Certainly different and had some decent funny stuff.

The episode itself was pretty good. But the ending was probably the best to me.

Kinda sad that this will be the last season with Michael.

Thoughts?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved Creed's tirade against people tweeting about Betty White. Mostly because it summed up my feelings from a half hour before, when I turned on the TV to watch 30 Rock and I saw Community cashing in on the Betty White bandwagon. I don't know if this was intended as a direct diss on Community, but if it was, it was brilliant and Community certainly deserved it.

As for this being Carrell's last season, I'm sad but hopeful. They should use this as a chance to give Michael's character arc a clear ending to work towards. I'm rooting for him to come out on top and end his tenure on a high note.

Maybe I was just in a bad mood or something, but I didn't like it at all. Even the way it was produced, just didn't have the same feel as past seasons. I just felt like the characters were trying to be funny instead of just being funny. But I've seen every episode more than once, so I'm in it for the long haul.

The Boondock Saints dig was pretty solid. Avg episode overall though. Cold opening was pretty lame if you ask me. It seems like they've done stuff like that quite a bit, so it gets a bit tired.

Also, 30 Rock was really funny last night. I thought it was really hit or miss last season. Community was excellent as usual.

Community was excellent as usual.

I know this the Office thread but I have to comment on this.

Last night was one of the first times that I really laughed at this show.

"I'm on the clock for another hour. Who wants to hear quotes from 'Batman'?" That one made me roll. A first for this show. Only took all of season one and 15 minutes into season 2 to obtain that level of funny for me.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Flood Pants]I loved Creed's tirade against people tweeting about Betty White. Mostly because it summed up my feelings from a half hour before, when I turned on the TV to watch 30 Rock and I saw Community cashing in on the Betty White bandwagon.
I made a similar comment to my wife when I saw her on Community. I am sort of tired of seeing her everywhere. I laughed when Creed made his comments.

what happened to that whole faulty printer thing from last season? guess they're just ignoring that.

I feel that was adequately addressed at the end of the season 6 finale when Michael gave a press conference. Seeing that they clearly established the passing of time, how much spillover from that incident would you expect there to be some 4 months later?

i'm doubting the show will care too much that too much time has passed vs. ending the Michael character on a happy note. it'd be too depressing to see Michael leave due to some bad news, especially when his character has had that attitude all series of "desperately want to get married."

makes me think of All In The Family. they ended the series with Edith dying of a heart attack, and i read somewhere that it made regular viewers so upset that it really hurt later syndication. obviously something that dramatic wouldn't happen to Michael, but bad news is bad news. and i just can't figure any other form of good news that Michael would leave the company for other than to get back with Holly permanently--hard to figure that they would introduce a brand new woman to this season and then spend valuable story time getting us to fall in love with her like we did for Holly already.

good point about not continuing the 30 Rock storyline with the kidney. that irks me. too many shows just ignore it completely or just go "oh, it's fine now" and quickly end the drama in the season premier.

Thursday's episode perhaps has started to put Michael's exit into motion. I think his moments with Toby towards the end could be forshadowing his final character development. With Toby addressing head on Michael's need to be liked, I could see a couple of possible arcs forming. One, Michael finally learns to overcome some of his limitations and actually turns into an effective leader. Then perhaps he gets promoted or accepts a new position elsewhere. Or two, Michael finally realizes that he is not the leader he always thought he was and humbly steps down. Whatever happens, I hope they give Michael the chance to dictate his own destiny. It would be a nice contrast to how the british series ended.

I also noticed that Dwight seemed somewhat human for a change in tonight's episode, displaying some emotion and weakness. Maybe they're giving that character a much needed overhaul as well.

Holy crap, I'm fairly certain last night's show was my least favorite episode of The Office ever. With the way they portray her character, I'm shocked Erin cognitively qualifies for a drivers license. She's proven to be ridiculously dumb above all else to the point that no one in their right mind would trust her with their hamster, much less 6 month old child. The broad theater gags (multiple disturbances in the audience, Andy's cell phone) were terrible. This show is losing me.

Last night's 30 Rock seemed equally disjointed. Thank God for Community. I don't understand why the two best shows in NBC's Thursday night block either gather the worst ratings (Community) or aren't even on (P&R). The fact that over twice as many Nielsen Household morons watch the blander-than-bland Big Bang Theory than Community just disturbs me. But then again, I see evidence day after day of the stupidity of the common man in the J/S comments. Simply depressing.

I agree that this week's episode left a bit to be desired. Erin went from being quirky to being fairly unlikeable. Seriously, who is really that naive?

Secondly, I was thrown a bit by another musical intro. I was thinking, "Didn't they do this last week?"

Hopefully they step things up, like BrewCrewIn2004 said. There's quite a few episodes before the season finale, so it's not like they're in a rush, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

what? no reunion with the girlfriend in Nashua???? i'm surprised. at the least, they brought a conclusion to it. although the show made me want to call an ex-girlfriend, so i didn't like the episode.

• 4 weeks later...
(Bump). Three episodes of the office have aired, since the last post in this thread. I think that fact summarizes my feelings for this season pretty well. Very uninspiring. I'm hoping that things pick up as we get closer to Michael's departure...but right now, there's not much that is driving me to watch the show.

Archived