Brewer Fanatic

2010-09-23 Marlins (Sanchez) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

pretendastronaut
I don't know if it was actually "reported" that he was taken out for defensive purposes. Maybe it was speculated on the broadcasts, but I didn't hear about that. I just know that in this thread it seems like people jumped to that conclusion, and then used it as an excuse to bash Macha yet again for his supposed vendetta against Gamel. I mean, you had one poster in this thread calling for Macha to be fired before the end of the game.

Seriously, some people on this board are taking this Mat Gamel obsession too far, in my opinion.

Which was me. It was half in jest, but the point remains. If Macha took out Gamel for defensive reasons in a meaningless Sept game I think you might as well let him go and give Randolph a shot(considering it's widely assumed he's done in 2 wks anyways). Right now, his job is to give unproven players an audition for next year. He's not doing that.

Archived