Brewer Fanatic

2010 First Year Players - Pick 3 to Keep

jhart05

If you only got to keep 3 Brewers First Year Players from this year, who would they be?

Looking for long-term production.

So, Escobar and Axford would not count in this discussion as they made their debut in 2009.

Jeffress, Rodgers, anyone who made their debut in 2010, do count.

Rank them in the top 5.

1. Lucroy

2. Cain

3. Jeffress

4. Rogers

5. Kintzler

6. ??? Any others I'm missing...

It's jhart's discussion and he chose those five for it.
No he just ranked his top five, others have since added Braddock and Axford. I am just reminding people that Escobar is a Brewer's rookie this year so they might want to include him in their considerations.

So my top 5 would be

1. Lucroy

2. Jeffress

3. Cain

4. Escobar

5. Axford

Jeffress and Rogers will most likely not gain rookie eligibility until 2011 so I'll say Axford, Braddock, Cain.

They were both rookies this year... however, this is not the rookie year, if that makes any sense. They are still considered rookies since they are just arriving here and making their respective debuts. However, they aren't getting much service time, so they will still be rookies when the come up again (next year, or whenever). IE: Axford was a rookie in September last year, but this year is his rookie year.

I would take Jeffress, Axford, Lucroy.

I know it's just semantics but if you aren't eligible for rookie of the year you aren't a rookie in my book. I would say this is Jeffress/Rogers first season and 2011 will (hopefully) be their rookie season.

All of those players are eligible. They have no chance to win it for obvious reasons, but they are eligible and they are rookies.

I know it's just semantics but if you aren't eligible for rookie of the year you aren't a rookie in my book. I would say this is Jeffress/Rogers first season and 2011 will (hopefully) be their rookie season.

By your definition Jeffress/Rogers are still rookies.

If you only got to keep 3 Brewers Rookies from this year, who would they be?

Good thing we don't have to just pick 3. We get to keep them all. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Ditto. But if someone put a gun to my head...I would go with Cain, Lucroy, and Jeffress.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I should stated that better, sorry. I'm talking First Year Players, those who made their debut in 2010, regardless if they can still technically be considered a rookie in future years.

So Escobar and Axford would not count in this discussion.

(Edited the initial post.)

I stand corrected. I always thought you needed to EXCEED 130 AB, 50 IP, 45 days to be eligible for ROY. I didn't realize players with less than those totals were also eligible.

Say the Mariners call up their stud Irish pitching prospect, Hype O'Thetical. He starts 5 games and throws a perfect game in each, striking out every batter. In the fifth game the Mariners can't score any runs for him (typical) so he has to pitch 13 innings in that contest.

He ends the year 5-0 (irrelevant, I know) with 49 IP, 147 Ks and a -2.80 FIP. So he could win ROY and still be eligible the next year because he didn't exceed 50 IP or 45 days service time?

I'm not sure how that would work since there are usually pretty good rookies who play well for most if not all of the year. I guess he could win it again because he would still be considered a rookie.

Love the stud Irish pitching prospect, btw. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived