Brewer Fanatic

2010-09-18 Brewers (Gallardo) at Giants (Lincecum), 8:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

Mass Haas

Go team -- Saturday night's alright for fightin'...

Brewers

2B Rickie Weeks

RF Corey Hart

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

3B Casey McGehee

CF Carlos Gomez

SS Alcides Escobar

C Jonathan Lucroy

RHP Yovani Gallardo

Giants

2B Mike Fontenot

SS Juan Uribe

1B Aubrey Huff

C Buster Posey

LF Pat Burrell

3B Pablo Sandoval

RF Jose Guillen

CF Cody Ross

RHP Tim Lincecum

If I had to guess, it's because Gomez has been playing well lately, and Macha wants to keep putting out his "best possible lineup" against the Giants. I'd like to see Cain back in there, too, but they're giving Gomez a chance to prove he belongs on the team next year.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Well I think Gomez has had a few months already to prove he doesn't belong. If they are going to use part of this last month and next spring training to determine Gomez belongs, I have no faith whatsoever in the current decision makers. The guy has sucked, sucks and will continue to suck. No reason to let him have another MLB at bat in any capacity except as a bench player.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

it's on an alternate HD channel on Directv! An actual good picture from the WMLW people.

Please remember that I'm in AZ, so you locals might not be getting this.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Wow, Lincecum is pretty (rightfully) peeved about being taken out of the game early. According to Adam McCalvy, the San Francisco feed showed Bochy pleading his case to Lincecum and throwing up his hands while Lincecum refused to make eye contact and stared into the outfield.

I can understand trying to keep a rally going, but the 5th inning is a bit soon when you're only down by 2.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

This Giants team has some personality I have to say, I listened to "Barry Zito's Unicorn Hour" on KNBR this afternoon while running some errands, and Brian Wilson's interviews are always crackers. Hell, practically all Sandoval offers for them this year IS personality (I probably just jonxed him to hit the game-winner tonight).

Huff got jobbed by Bucknor on the 3-1 count... that pitch was at least a few inches low, and it's not like he was calling that pitch a strike all night.

I love watching Axford pitch. He's kind of the anti-Turnbow hard thrower. Always calm and composed, just with a goofy mustache.

Lucroy had a heckuva game. He must have blocked 8 pitches in the dirt during that 5th inning alone. He's gotten noticeably better with his blocking as the year has progressed.

Wow, Lincecum is pretty (rightfully) peeved about being taken out of the game early. According to Adam McCalvy, the San Francisco feed showed Bochy pleading his case to Lincecum and throwing up his hands while Lincecum refused to make eye contact and stared into the outfield.

I can understand trying to keep a rally going, but the 5th inning is a bit soon when you're only down by 2.

Thanks for this info, cc. I came to this IGT to ask why Lincecum had been taken out of the game so early (72 pitches!). I didn't watch the game today, & couldn't figure out why he'd been lifted from the game log & recap story on Yahoo.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived