Brewer Fanatic

Going on a lion hunt (prey's revenge)

Thurston Fluff

what took those lions so freakin' long to get outta there? Umm what was it 25 of those things w/those javelin horns on there head to like 5 lions? and even after that one lion was tossed like a shirt in the dryer they still wouldn't give up. wow

Water buffalo have very tough hides, and I think I heard the guy with the accent (the guide?) say that the lions were young, which would mean their hunting experience is minimal. I was surprised the calf survived after being used as the rope in a croc vs. lions tug-of-war.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Water buffalo (heck, ANY buffalo) are incredibly tough animals. Plus, like the last poster (and the guide) said, those were young lions. The juvie buffalo was the same size as most of the lions, and they were having a hard time keeping him down, let alone being able to kill him. I'm sure, unbothered by a herd of 40 buffalo and a pair of hungry crocs, they would have managed the feat, but the odds were seriously stacked against them.

yeah, nice link, that was great. the same guy also has a video of an anaconda regurgitating a hippo, which was disturbing yet compelling.

I'd love to see that. Especially since hippo's live in Africa and I believe Anoconda's live in South America.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Was it one of those big guniea pig looking things or maybe a python?

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived