Brewer Fanatic

Link Report -- See You in 2011!

Mass Haas

Just wanted to post public thank you's to battlekow and TheCrew07.

I can honestly say that we had reached the point that without their input and daily efforts, we would have never been able to provide the blanket daily coverage in terms of links, audio, and the "original" commentary that they did this year, which accompanied each and every box score. battlekow's (Eric's) addition to the Brewerfan staff has been a boon for us, and TheCrew07's (Seth's) efforts as a special Brewerfan contributor simply cannot be overstated.

I think the separate audio thread made sense and worked out well, and having distinct "Your ____ team" threads dedicated to special newspaper and web features specific to each club has always seemed to be the way to go. One of our main goals beyond providing you with timely information via the links, is to organize it in the cleanest and most convenient way possible. If you have a suggestion on ways we can improve coverage in 2011 and beyond, feel free to post a note.

I hope folks in the respective affiliate outposts aren't offended if we don't list everyone by name here (we've already praised them within Link Reports), but thank you's to all the staffers, broadcasters, newspaper writers, and anyone else who contributed to our cause and didn't ignore our occasional emails http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

We've often heard from family members of players who move on from the Brewer minor league system to another organization's, asking us if we know of that team's "Brewerfan.net". Obviously, each and every big league club has someone out there summarizing the daily minor league action, but few, if any, are doing it to the extent and in the organizaed way we do.

I'm guessing we may see a couple of thank you's in return in this thread, but that was not my intent. I'll simply repeat what's been posted in the past -- we'd be looking up all these details anyway, so why not spend a couple of extra minutes posting the info for all of Brewer nation to take in if they wish.

Thanks for reading, stay tuned here for all the offseason stuff, and see you next April for formal Link Report season 2011.

Oh yeah, and thank you, Brewer farmhands. Here's to your dreams and your efforts to make them happen...

Thanks as always Mass, and thanks as well to not only battlekow and TheCrew07 for their help and dedication, but also to everyone else that chimed in throughout the year. Nice to see the season end on a high note with a pair of league championships, particularly since it seems the mood around here wasn't the brightest the first couple of months this season.

The Link Report is such an integral part of my morning routine that I suffer from existential angst this time every year. What's next, you're going to take away my coffee? Can't the Arizona Fall League just start tomorrow? Seriously, you guys do an awesome job. Thanks.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Worst day of the year.....no link report until spring. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Great job as always, guys.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Thank you to Mass and Co. for the tremendous work you do all season. I truly appreciate all of the time and effort each and everyone of you take out of your lives to make ours a little bit brighter. See you in the spring (of course the link report, not the site http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif )

Archived