Brewer Fanatic

2010 Fall TV Shows

JoeHova

I watched some of The League last year, and I think it did gain some steam during the latter episodes I watched. But overall, I'm just not feeling it. I had to turn it off right around the time he was getting advice in the Champagne Room on "sleepers". Some of the characters remind me of cliched, light beer commercial dudes...and holy crap, do I hate light beer commercials.

Sunny was avg at best. Disappointing for an opener, but it still did have some very funny lines/scenarios.

I was very pleased with Boardwalk Empire's premiere. There's still some rough edges which were covered over a bit by skilful directing and editing, but it looks like a show with both scope, tieing in with New York and Chicago, historical perspective, and good character work. Been a while since I've seen so many vintage suits as well. Buscemi really seems like an appropriate lead as well. I'm definitely on board.

Robert

No HBO, so I'm shut out of the Boardwalk Empire, but there are no shortage of other Fall shows that I'll be tuning in to see, starting Tonight.

Chuck

Castle

The Event (tenatively holding the 'between Chuck and Castle' role vacated by 24)

Glee

Survivor (maybe)

Undercovers (maybe)

Terriers

Top Chef: Just Desserts (didn't love the first episode, so my interest may tail off)

Community (My favorite show of last season)

30 Rock

Office

Apprentice (maybe)

(Nothing on Fridays)

Saturday Night Live

Mix in some of the Adult Swim cartoons, and a handful of Cable shows that I have no idea when they start / stop...and Family Guy when I get around to watching on TiVo.

New shows:

Boardwalk Empire

The Event

The Biggest Loser

Parenthood

Returning shows:

House

Fringe

The Big Bang Theory

The Office

Community

Modern Family

The Middle

Men of a Certain Age (when it returns)

American Idol (when it returns)

American Dad

The Cleveland Show

Shows I no longer will be watching/DVRing:

Family Guy

24 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I was moderately intrigued by the pilot for LoneStar, so I suppose I'll give that one another shot.

On Thursday I'm looking forward to see how terrible Outsourced can get. Even if it didn't take the place of the best comedy on television, I'd hate it. Broad jokes about how foreigners are different, huzzah!

Parenthood
Technically a returning show, as it premiered in the spring.

ah, true. i forgot to mention that it would be new for me http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

i also should add that i also will not be watching flash forward because for some stupid reason they did not being it back for season 2...

I gave Hawaii Five-O a shot last night. I suppose I'm negatively biased because I have fond memories of watching the original as a kid. The new pilot might have benefitted from more commitment to character development, but the producers were probably trying to attract a core audience with unrealistic shootouts, stunts, Grace Park, and action scenes. I doubt that anyone that watched the original will tune in regularly for the new show.

I'll probably end up at

House/EV3NT on Mondays (recorded Event but haven't watched it yet)

Glee on Tuesdays

Modern Family on Wednesdays

Fringe/30Rock/Office on Thursday

Medium (wife's fave)/Good Guys on Fridays

Amazing Race on Sundays

I might give Arnett's show a chance too, but I didn't record the premiere.

As far as Boardwalk Empire, I liked it. I'll keep watching; though I felt the first episode was slightly predictable. I understand that they had to set up a lot of plot points and characters, though.

I enjoyed Middle and Modern Family again last night. Not sure about the new show in there ("Better With You"). Also looking forward to the usual NBC stuff tonight.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Of all the new shows, The Event looked the most promising to me. Boy was I wrong!!! I'm done after the first episode, it was so hokey! Worse than those bad made for TV disater movies- at lest those have comedic value.

I'm giving Apprentice another chance this year. This season is interesting because all the contestants have lost their jobs recently. A little different twist. That Detroit 187 (or whatever) looked like a possibility also but I didnt see the first episode.

I don't have HBO, unfortunately, but if anyone has any recs on a good new drama, let us know.

If you can find Episode 3 of Terriers ("Change Partners") online or in repeats over the weekend, you should watch it. (Just not with kids, since the episode deals extensively with adultery and psychological disorder. It aired last night.)

The ratings for the show have not been good, which is tough to understand since the show is.

I hear you about "The Event." I finally got to it last night and, even though I'm slightly intrigued about the ending, it was pretty laugh out loud ludicrous in areas, especially their "special effects" regarding the airplanes. Just horrible.

I think I'll give it maybe one or two more episodes before I make a decision of whether or not to cancel it from my season pass.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

mildly entertained by "Outsourced," but it's like they pulled out every single future storyline to that show in the first episode. now we already know every single thing that's going to happen.

i miss Parks&Rec already.

• 2 weeks later...
I've watched the first 3 episodes of No Ordinary Family and I'm not sure how many more I'm going to watch. Although the ratings have been good, I have a feeling that the show may not be back for a second season. I'd like to see them move forward with the plot instead of spinning their wheels like the 3rd episode.

• 2 months later...

For the Always Sunny in Philadelphia fans out there in brewerfan.net world, here is a great buy from Best Buy (no pun intended):

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...sc=All+Categories&ks=960

Looks like it's backordered as of now, but still: $40 for complete seasons 1-5 with FREE shipping can't be beat. Individual seasons often run $40 each normally...

Archived