Brewer Fanatic

2010 Fall TV Shows

JoeHova

Hi everybody-

The fall TV season seems to be kicking off but I haven't really kept up with what was coming out this fall so I'm not really aware of what new shows people are excited about. Has anyone heard anything about what's supposed to be good? It seems like a pretty dry season but, like I said, I haven't really been following the buzz much.

So far, I've added only a few new fall shows to my DVR. The ones I've added:

Boardwalk Empire (HBO) (Martin Scorsese is apparently involved, and Steve Buscemi stars)

Terriers (FX) (I know nothing about this but it has the faux-cajun guy from True Blood so I thought I'd give it a try)

Nikita (CW) (I liked the movie and I saw that it got a couple of good reviews)

Running Wilde (Fox) (my wife really likes Keri Russell)

I also plan on adding No Ordinary Family from ABC because it stars Michael Chiklis, but I'm not optimistic about it being especially good. It hasn't shown up on my scheduler yet though.

So, is anybody excited about any shows coming out this fall? What are people going to give a try?

Hawaii Five-O is the only new show that my wife and I added to the season pass. The new shows look terrible.

We'll be keeping up with the 3 CSI shows, Criminal Minds, and that's about it.

I added The Event and Outsourced to my personal season pass in baseball room for me to watch.

Otherwise, just looking forward to my usuals: The Office, Community, Human Target, The Good Guys, Chuck, Friday Night Lights, Fringe, and The League.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The whole NBC Thursday lineup has gotten a bit stale for me. I'll still watch when I can, but 30 Rock and The Office have gone downhill from earlier seasons. Parks and Rec was the strongest show last season, but someone earlier mentioned that it's getting pushed back?

i'll probably get back into the Office because it seems like they'll have a lot of storyline to pack into a single season.

Psych

Community

30 Rock, maybe.

Running Wilde i might check out, just because i think that guy is hilarious.

i might check out Family Guy here and there, but last season didn't have a single good episode that i don't care much anymore.

otherwise i purposely try to avoid getting into new shows as a way to further ween myself off of watching tv.

I'll be watching The Event, No Ordinary Family, as well as The Walking Dead on AMC. I can't wait for the Walking Dead. It's about time for a zombie apocalypse tv series.

I am pretty excited for the Walking Dead as well. Tonight I will watch Its Always Sunny and The League for sure.

The pilot for Terriers was really good, but thats pretty much what I expected from Shawn Ryan. I am also looking forward to Justified if that ever comes back for a second season.

Anyone else pretty disappointed in "Sunny" last night? Coors Light, Subway and Seattle's Best coffee product placements all in the first couple of minutes. That was strange. And the show just wasn't as edgy. Was not laughing constantly through the show like I normally do.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

The League was pretty darn funny tonight. Good start to the season for that show.

It was okay. Felt a little forced, like they had a list of jokes to run through in the allotted time, especially the rap at the end.

Its Always Sunny was pretty bad, but I am sure they will hit their stride and it for sure had its moments (none of which can really be posted on a family board).

Anyone else pretty disappointed in "Sunny" last night? Coors Light, Subway and Seattle's Best coffee product placements all in the first couple of minutes. That was strange. And the show just wasn't as edgy. Was not laughing constantly through the show like I normally do.
Yeah, I thought it was terrible. Luckily The League was great, so the night wasn't a total loss.

Wow, I guess I should have given The League a longer leash. It started off really dumb and cliched so I turned it once they started racing through airport security. I'll have to give it another chance. I watched most of them last year though I wasn't that impressed then either.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

FIB4Brew[/b]]Anyone else pretty disappointed in "Sunny" last night? Coors Light, Subway and Seattle's Best coffee product placements all in the first couple of minutes. That was strange. And the show just wasn't as edgy. Was not laughing constantly through the show like I normally do.

It was disappointing, but they have had episodes like that before. In terms of it not being edgy, I am not sure I agree with that. I mean, the plot centered around a post op tranny. Charlie asked her if they mailed her junk off to China for crying out loud. Hilarious. And the part with him and Frank cracking eachothers backs was a great physical bit. In the end it was a below average episode with a lot of expectations being the premiere.

You know what is a good show, I thought so at least, is Human Target. I think it starts a little later in the season than other shows, but it has replaced 24 as my new go to show. It combines action with a little bit of comedy and a good story line. Keep it in mind.

yup, very good show. I've watched every episode. Pretty much the "unbelievable" stuff like 24 but who cares? it's supposed to be good fun entertainment. And, yes, the comedy is pretty good, too.

They've been re-running eps from last year on Friday nights the last couple weeks (including tonight) if one wanted to check it out. You can pretty much jump right in, for the most part.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived