Brewer Fanatic

Anderson to be part of TBS Division Series coverage for third straight year

TooLiveBrew

From Adam McCalvy's Brew Beat blog -- Anderson back on TBS Postseason team

Brewers broadcaster Brian Anderson will be part of TBS coverage of the Division Series for the third straight season. He's part of the release I received this morning:

TBS today announced the network's broadcasting teams for exclusive coverage of all four MLB League Division Series (LDS) and the American League Championship Series (ALCS). For the ALCS, TBS's team will be led by Emmy winner Ernie Johnson, paired with analysts and World Series Champions Ron Darling and John Smoltz.

TBS's coverage of the American League Division Series (ALDS) and National League Division Series (NLDS) will be handled by a quartet of play-by-play announcers: Johnson, Brian Anderson, Dick Stockton and Don Orsillo. These announcers will work with a team of veteran analysts, including regular Sunday MLB on TBS announcers Darling, Smoltz and Buck Martinez, along with Bob Brenly and Joe Simpson, who are both returning to TBS this postseason.

David Levy, President of Sales, Distribution and Sports Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. announcing the team said "We've assembled a great group of talented, experienced announcers for our MLB Postseason coverage. This versatile team will be fully prepared to deliver insightful and engaging analysis that will complement all of the excitement and drama that will unfold on the field in October. I am also thrilled Ernie will take on the lead role of play-by-play during the LDS and ALCS. He is one of the preeminent announcers in sports today and his experience and presence in the booth during the postseason will clearly enrich our game telecasts."

The 2010 MLB Postseason on TBS kicks off on Wednesday, Oct. 6 with a LDS tripleheader (times TBD). The network's exclusive coverage of the ALCS will get underway on Friday, Oct. 15.

Following are the announcer pairings for TBS' exclusive coverage of the LDS and ALCS (play-by-play/analyst):

o Ernie Johnson (play-by-play), Ron Darling (analyst) and John Smoltz (analyst)

o Brian Anderson (play-by-play) and Joe Simpson (analyst)

o Dick Stockton (play-by-play) and Bob Brenly (analyst)

o Don Orsillo (play-by-play) and Buck Martinez (analyst)

In the studio, host Matt Winer will be joined by Hall of Famers Dennis Eckersley and Cal Ripken, as well as two-time World Series Champion David Wells. The team will offer insights and break-down all the action throughout TBS's postseason coverage. MLB insider and Sports Illustrated senior baseball writer for the magazine and SI.com Tom Verducci, along with Craig Sager, Marc Fein and David Aldridge, will serve as TBS reporters during the ALDS and NLDS.

"The MLB Postseason is one of the crown jewels in sports and must-see programming for TBS," said Jeff Behnke, Turner Sports executive producer. "We look forward to maximizing our productions resources, including the varied unique perspectives of our on-air talent, to provide baseball fans across the country with informative and entertaining telecasts throughout our Postseason schedule."

Not really surprising news, but congrats to BA nonetheless.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

How does Dick Stockton keep getting work?
No kidding, he is awful. Not just at baseball but also football.

At least Chip Caray will not be doing any TBS postseason games. "Line drive, base hit! Caught out there." Oof.

Congrats again to BA, I feel he will leave Milwaukee in the near future because he will get a full-time national gig.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

A huge congrats to BA. One of the best in the business. I can't believe they let Brenly's whiny self do any games. Amazing. Oh well, at least it's not Joe Buck doing a Cardinals game...

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Yeah. I know he tries, but I'm not big on Craig Coshun.

Craig in the booth is like starting your utility infielder at his second or third best position. It's something you can do on occasion, but it's not something you want to do often.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If I remember correctly, he did a couple of post season games a few years back. Maybe it was an all-star game. I remember being annoyed that Costas was poking fun at him. I'm sure it was all in good fun and Uecker probably beat him up after anyway; but it was kind of like having someone outside the family pick on the family member that you always pick on....not cool http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yeah, it would suck if he was the "lesser" announcer and got dominated (talk-time wise) by someone who is trying to be as funny. It would have to be with someone like Povus or Powell that act as the straight man and just go along for the ride...

Uecker and Costas go way back, so I wouldn't find it odd to find either Bob poking fun at the other.

Picture Uecker in the same booth as Howard Cosell. That happened way back when.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The Brewers seem to be like to minor leagues of announcers. We've been fortunate to continue to get good play-by-play guys to team with Schoeder, but unfortunately, they keep getting plucked away by bigger networks. I look forward to another year or two of BA at the mic before he moves on.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived