Brewer Fanatic

What to do with Rogers and Jeffress

paul253

For Rogers to add a win over 2 months he would have to be about a run and a half or ERA better than the guy he replaces. 1 run of ERA is about 2 wins over 180 innings. If we for some reason get off to a really good start I would fel more urgency to bring him up.

To me it really does come down to value and money. We can't afford to pay good players so service time is huge for us. 2 months of even a 5 WAR player is only slightly more than a win. Rookies typically don't have that kind of impact so a year of service time or value in a trade a few years down the road is worth much more than a win this year. Unless a guy has spent the whole previous season in AAA, I think they, and more importantly the team, can benifit from at least 2 months in AAA.

If we are an 85 win team going to 86 does increase our chances but I would rather use op service time chasing win 89+ than win 86.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived