Brewer Fanatic

Brewers' press guys making a dig at Hendry?

SeriesFinale

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I love how Sullivan calls it "tacky". Stupid homer.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

What happened with the recall of Micah Hoffpauir? I missed how Hendry botched that.

I don't like that this was circulated in Milwaukee. It makes us look bad.

But I hope Hendry is the Cubs' GM for a long time.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Everything is about wins/$...

I disagree. No fan base cares if their team gets the most per dollar spent.

But I do think teams with huge payrolls have less of an excuse for a 65 win season than ones with small payrolls.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Everything is about wins/$...

I disagree. No fan base cares if their team gets the most per dollar spent.

I am referring to judging the performance of a general manager. If you give me a billion dollars to spend and my team wins 90 games, I probably suck at my job.

What happened with the recall of Micah Hoffpauir? I missed how Hendry botched that.
Apparently, just before Derrek Lee was traded, Hoffpauir was sent back down to AAA. When they traded Lee and tried to call up Hoffpauir to take his place, they couldn't because he hadn't been down for at least 10 days.

It's such an obscure thing that it makes me think the entire thing was planted by someone associated with the Cubs. I doubt many people working for the Brewers would know much about that, as it doesn't seem like it was a big story outside of Chicago.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived