Brewer Fanatic

Skipping Brewers' Weekend in SF this year

SeriesFinale

1. I really like sitting behind the Brewers' dugout when I see them on the road, or at least on the lower decks--closer to the team and action and you also tend to avoid conflict with the home fans down there as well, to be frank. Well, I played with fire and got burnt: I wanted to wait to see if the cost of tickets would go down based on the Giants' performance but obviously that hasn't happened--they've only gone up as excitement about the Giants' post-season chances has grown. Should've bought them in April when they were still only about $60 a piece or so.

2. It's not just that the cost of the actual tickets that are prohibitive at this point; everything surounding the games, food/beer/etc adds up, and we've got two trips planned in the coming weeks, one to Tahoe for our anniversary the following weekend, and then one out to Chicago for the Marathon. We really need to save the money for that stuff.

3. The aforementioned Giants' playoff run. One of the best/worst games I ever attended was in 1998, when the Brewers lost to the Cubs 15-12 at Wrigley in the 9th down the stretch of the Cubs' wild-card run, and it was the worst. Not just because it was at Wrigley or the way they lost, but because everyone there had playoff fever and was amped. The Brewers were going nowhere conversely, and it felt like rooting for the Christians versus the Lions at the Colesium. Blech.

4. Lastly, I'm just not feeling the Brewers right now. I'm really disappointed and disheartened by this team. I am interested in seeing Cain and Axford and Gamel and the younger guys, not to mention the old favorites (it'd be awesome to see Cappy back especially) but with #600 out of the way and the team just playing out the string, it's hard for me to justify the cost, especially considering I already dropped $170 to see them lose everyday from the comfort of my livingroom this year. I feel compelled to attend as a Brewer fan, like I'm letting them down in a way, but man, I don't know.

So it looks like I'm skipping out on seeing them here this year; first year I won't have seen them live in 14. This probably doesn't deserve it's own thread, kinda self-centered moping, but if I figured I couldn't vent here, where could I?

Bah, the whole point is to annoy the jerks known as Giants fans by wearing your Brewers gear and standing up and clapping loudly when they score. Someone's gotta do it.

Besides... how can you be more disappointed in their performance this year than any other year?

Yeah, don't ever feel bad about not getting tickets when they become to expensive. I know the feeling all to well, not just for sports but concerts. Sometimes I just can't put down a certain amount of $$ and feel okay with it, when I feel it is more than I should spend. But I am known to be a bit tight with money.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Who can blame you? Based on how they've looked the past several weeks, I'm sure several of the Brewers will be 'skipping' the weekend as well. Nothing worse than being a fan of a team who has given up in enemy territory- especially when there will be tons of fair weathered fans due to the Giants playoff hopes. This one has sweep written all over it.

Nothing worse than being a fan of a team who has given up in enemy territory- especially when there will be tons of fair weathered fans due to the Giants playoff hopes. This one has sweep written all over it.

Yeah, but are Giants fans really known for harassing "enemy" fans? I honestly don't know.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

People ask me where Laverne and Shirley are there a lot, but I've never had a real serious issue. Probably the nastiest it ever got was the Sunday game when the Brewers swept them there ion '08, there were some chapped tails that day, but even then it was juist, "Brewers have never done anything," "Go Cubs!!!," "Sit down and shut up!!!" (when people were just cheering on the Brewers' runs in a non-confrontational way), stuff like that.

Archived