Brewer Fanatic

Why is Braun untouchable?

Hammer715

Which should be a be value to someone we could potentially trade with.

It's also valuable to us. We can't go out and spend a ton, so we have a really good, young player locked up cheaply long term. That's just not something you trade unless you get something like Hellickson, Garza, Jennings and Moore offered for example which would never happen.

Best player on the team....You will never get return for him.

If you look back on trades made, seldom does the team trading the best player in the deal "win"

When we deal Prince....we will "lose" in the deal most likely because he will be the best player. if we get 3 or 4 prospects, likely 2 will flame out and one will be a contributor. If lightning strikes in a bottle, we might end up with a stud down the road.

Obviously there are a number of trades that worked out well for both clubs, but 75% turn out as stated above.

Best player on the team

That would actually be between Rickie Weeks, Prince Fielder, & Yovani Gallardo this season. Braun is well behind them.

I'd like to add McGehee to that list as well.

I would like to add Hart but that wouldn't make it true.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Braun is still having a very good season, and providing good value compared to his contract. I hope people don't start to get down on him if he isn't putting up Pujols-esque numbers every season.

Just for fun, here is baseball-reference.com's 10 similar players to Braun through age 25:

Similar Batters through

1. Manny

Ramirez

(937)
  2. Chick

Hafey

(925) *
  3. Danny

Tartabull

(921)
  4. Bob

Meusel

(917)
  5. Raul

Mondesi

(914)
  6. Ralph

Kiner

(914) *
  7. Mike

Greenwell

(912)
  8. Vladimir

Guerrero

(911)
  9. Willie

McCovey

(911) *
  10. Fred

Lynn

(910)
Three Hall of Famers, and two probable future ones. I think I would rather keep him, thanks.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Do you think anyone in their right mind in about 1984 or so would have brought up trading Yount?

We're comparing Braun to Yount now? Braun has never had a 5 WAR season. Yount was 10.5 WAR in 82, and was over 5 WAR 5 other times, 3 of those times over 6.

Myself, like Logan, wishes Braun didn't suck on defense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

We're comparing Braun to Yount now? Braun has never had a 5 WAR season. Yount was 10.5 WAR in 82, and was over 5 WAR 5 other times, 3 of those times over 6.
Not quite. I'm looking at Braun being considered the leader of the team and the face of the franchise. Yount was the same way. I'm not looking at a shred of statistics. Just my gut.

I don't think we know that Ryan Braun likes Milwaukee. He's commented that he took financial security over the risk of going year-to-year like Prince has.

Danny Tartabull! YYEEESSS!! Seriously, though, Invader, that's a pretty impressive list.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Do you think anyone in their right mind in about 1984 or so would have brought up trading Yount?

Myself, like Logan, wishes Braun didn't suck on defense.

Don't get me wrong, Yount was amaizing, especially his 2 MVP years. But wasn't WAR calculated differently before 2002?

Archived