Brewer Fanatic

2010-09-08 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Capuano), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-1]

pretendastronaut
Is this constant talk of Hoffman annoying anyone else?

I don't need to hear Chris Narveson talk about Trevor Hoffman and how great he is (even though he's not) during the damn game, you clowns.

Lighten up, man. Let people enjoy something in a season that didn't have much to enjoy.

600 saves is a lot, even for an over rated stat.

The best thing I heard, in regards to that: Only 20 other guys in MLB history have ever had even half that many saves. Closers just don't have that kind of longevity.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Lighten up, man. Let people enjoy something in a season that didn't have much to enjoy.
Who says I didn't enjoy it? I enjoyed it last night. I didn't need to hear it be constantly talked about tonight in the middle of the game several times, including an interview with a player with the camera on him in the dugout while said game is going on.

I was at the game. It was awesome, whooping the Cardinals just feels so sweet. I was happy I got to see Jeffress pitch in person, hit 98 on the gun. Braun's HR was also quite enjoyable.

Also got on the jumbo tron because we had Klements brats for our tailgate so they gave us some swag and filmed us acting all crazy for like 30 seconds. It was on the jumbo tron around the 3rd inning I believe.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Did they score the diving stop by Escobar an error?!? If so, that's a pretty amazing error.
They gave Pagnozzi a hit for reaching first, but since the throw went into the dugout, allowing him to advance to second is where the error was charged.

Next year, Escobar would not get an error there, because we would have a 1B who can actually scoop a ball. Prince made a pathetic effort for that one. A good defensive 1B would do wonders for the team defense.

To be fair, that throw was up the 1B line towards home plate, and directly in the path of the oncoming runner. I agree with your take on Fielder's lack of scooping ability overall, but I can't blame a guy too much for alligator-arming one that could've gotten him hurt badly.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived