Brewer Fanatic

2010-09-07 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Narveson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; Hoffman gets save #600]

BrewCrewForever
And of course the Brewers show it's all about the $ as they have the commemorative t-shirts ready to go (and probably for sale in the store as you read this). Gotta believe those have been sitting in boxes since April.
I'm not sure what value there is to raining on tonight's parade. Congratulations to Trevor for sticking with it and being a standup guy. Seeing his family join him on the field was heartwarming.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I know we sold our tickets to this game because it's the first week of classes and I knew even six months ago I would be crazy busy at work...but I can't believe we sold our tickets to this game. If I find out the people we sold to left early, I will kick them both in the shins. Both shins! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Edit: For a silver lining, imagine if this had been a WMLW broadcast. Phew!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Good work Hoff. For all the people calling for his head in April, he was a class act and sat on the bench and pitched his way back into this role. He is a Hall of Famer for sure and I'm glad he was able to record a small fraction of the 600 with the team I root for.

I went tonight. Almost didn't due to being in a US Cellular store in Burlington at 6:50. Besides the good fun game to watch, the suspense of will he or won't he get the 9th was great. I wouldn't compare it to 3000 for robin as dan o'donnell on am 620 did, but it was great and I had goosebumps.

Seeing the guys in the 'pen banging on the top of the wall and jumping up and down with every strike/out tells you how much it meant to them, Trevor, and the team.

Still and all 600 was great, and I'm really happy I was there to see it.

I was also there tonight and it was one of the better sporting moments I have witnessed in person. Braddock was in a full out sprint out of the bullpen along with the rest of the guys. Balkin Bob did sour it for me. MLB needs to do something about this guy, the way he treated that usher was just terrible. The best part about him kicking the fan out was he didn't have the guts to walk on the same side of the guy, instead he walks to the complete opposite side to point him out to an usher. We could hear him say "guy in the white shirt he's out", and the usher having no idea which one of the 85 guys in the white shirt asks him again who. So Davidson starts to yell at him to get the cops. The poor usher had no idea who he was talking about, and Davidson shows up the usher. And for the umpire to do it in the middle of the inning shows that he truly thinks he is bigger than the game.

I wouldn't compare it to 3000 for robin as dan o'donnell on am 620 did, but it was great and I had goosebumps.

Yeah, it doesn't come anywhere close to comparing to Robin's 3,000th hit, but it was a very cool moment for Trevor. He's a class act all the way, and I'm glad he's been a part of the Brewers for the past two seasons.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Great moment had to dvr the game glad i did ,loved the way the bullpen guys came out and Naverson looked like a kid he was so happy.

This was a very nice moment for a classy guy during a terrible season and kudos to Prince and braunie for their part. It be to bad not seeing Prince back next year though.

Apparently the fan was heckling Yadier Molina, not the umpire. I guess it was too much for the classiest catcher in MLB.

http://www.google.com/hos...KYsDzd8tfNIXTHmG5I4u9r8A

Wow, that is pretty bad if he got tossed for heckling the opposing catcher, especially if he wasn't swearing up a storm or anything. Just further proof Molina and the Cards players are bunch of whiny you know whats, proving Brandon Phillips right.

I'm pretty sure you could hear that fan all game long, and he frankly was obnoxious even over the TV broadcast (and I swear I've heard him at other games). I really wasn't disappointed to see him ejected, but it does seem a bit much.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived