Brewer Fanatic

A/V Question

Hammer715

Setting up my new home's A/V system and came across a weird situation this weekend. Basically just moved into a new home, using the same equipment from the old home. While I was watching the Brewers Game in HD I could hear the crowd noise but not the announcers, I would flip back to reg tv and it was fine, other HD stations were fine, just the broadcast on Fox North in HD......

any thoughts?

make sure your center channel speaker wire is firmly attached to both the speaker and the receiver.

Also, make sure your receiver settings are correct. I did this a few weeks ago and swore I had them right, but looked again and, sure enough, I had something set wrong.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Does FSN have a SAP audio feed for their Brewers broadcasts? I know CBS58 in Milwaukee has it for the NFL games they broadcast and all it gives is ambient crowd noise. Pretty nice for whenever Rich Gannon is in the booth.
I'm afraid I can't contribute to Hammer715's question, but I would love to listen to just ambient crowd noise while watching a Brewer game on FSWisconsin.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 1 year later...

Hey...lets resurrect an old thread here. I'm looking for some really detailed advice from the A/V inclined here...

I'm running Definitive Technology speakers (two towers - powered subs, center and two triangle surround rears) and am looking for a new receiver (my Yamaha has a loose HDMI input and that scares the hell out of me). I'm looking for something that will be easy to use for my wife as she is not technologically inclined. The budget is around $700 for this receiver but I'm not just looking to spend that if it is not necessary. Any input?

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I purchased the 5.1 version of that Pioneer receiver for $150 a few months back. Might be a fit for you depending on your needs. In addition to being 5.1 instead of 7.1, it's a little less powerful, doesn't run A/B speakers, and has "only" 4 HDMI outputs instead of the 7 that comes on the 1121. It runs a fairly intuitive interface, but nothing compares to the knobs and adjusters that came with the pre-remote era.

Think about your current set-up and realistically what you could do in the future. There's no way I could get my wife to go with 2 extra speakers in our living room, so 5.1 was my max. And I'm not sure how many HDMI connections are absolutely necessary, but it sure isn't 7.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I ended up purchasing a Pioneer 1121 from newegg for $350 less than I was prepared to spend at the Big Box store w/ the yellow price tag for an emblem (no free advertising from me...especially with this savings!). I was also able to get the two side speakers for less than 1/2 of the big box store price. Really...can't thank you all enough!!! 7.1 surround awesomeness to arrive in 2 more days!!!
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Archived