Brewer Fanatic

Rogers, Kintzler and Cruz promoted to Milwaukee; Maine

kintzlerfan
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume the Rogers family is just not very MLB knowledgeable, being from Maine and all.

I guess people from northern Wisconsin aren't all that MLB knowledgeable either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Maybe Rogers will get the start after Bush gets outrighted to AAA.

I s'pose that should be in blue, as someone will think I'm serious. I assume the Rogers family is just not very MLB knowledgeable, being from Maine and all. Remember, sometimes guys come up from the minors and have no idea DH games last 9 innings and a coat and tie are required...think how ignorant the families are. I read a story once that said a rookie went to Fenway for the first time and compared the Green Monster to a minor league park which had a tall LF wall...modeled after the Monster, of course. He thought BOS had done it because of the park in the minors.

Late to the party but that's awfully close to being sig worthy...I may use it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That's a poor example of how to use a message board. It's stuff like that that scares away quality thoughts and brings in silliness.

That's a shame.

I assume you're referring to your post about people in Maine knowing nothing about baseball as a poor example of how to use a message board?

Or was your post an example of the silliness we attract here now?

I'm 50/50 on which it could be.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I am going to the Marlins game on the 23rd, I hope that is the game Rogers start since it is supposed to come during that series. That would be sweet.
Really BrewCrew? Where did you hear that? Great news that they're going to give him a start.

Macha said it earlier today: http://brewersbeat.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/09/macha_eyes_marlins_series_for.html

So, how 'bout Kintzler and Rogers tonight? 1.1 IP scoreless for Kintzler, and a 1.0 IP scoreless for Rogers. Both looked really good, and I'm excited about them. Can't wait for Rogers to get his start.

Macha said it earlier today: http://brewersbeat.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/09/macha_eyes_marlins_series_for.html

So, how 'bout Kintzler and Rogers tonight? 1.1 IP scoreless for Kintzler, and a 1.0 IP scoreless for Rogers. Both looked really good, and I'm excited about them. Can't wait for Rogers to get his start

How hard were Kintzler and Rogers throwing tonight?

So, how 'bout Kintzler and Rogers tonight? 1.1 IP scoreless for Kintzler, and a 1.0 IP scoreless for Rogers. Both looked really good, and I'm excited about them. Can't wait for Rogers to get his start

How hard were Kintzler and Rogers throwing tonight?
I didn't see Kintzler, but Rogers was hitting 96.

MLB Gamecast said Rogers hit 98.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

trwi7 and homer are correct. I got a photo of Rogers' 96 MPH pitch speed displayed on the scoreboard; I missed photographing the 98 but that was what the scoreboard said.

We have tickets to three of the Marlins' games, and I'd be delighted to see Mark start. (Full disclosure, I'm beyond ready to see anyone not named Dave Bush start for the Brewers.) So Ken, I know you'd never spend time at such a silly site, but if you could not pick Friday 9/24 for the Rogers start, that'd be much appreciated.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Great to see Macha get these young pitchers some work, and great to see Macha is willing to give Rogers a start.

What did the rest of you think of Rogers delivery? To me, it was better than I expected. Not as free and easy as Jeffress, but who's is? I didn't think throwing across the body was too much of an issue, and very little effort to it. Is Rogers another Justin Verlander?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Not that I worry about it too much at this point, but does he have the inverted W delivery? Looked like it to me.

Not that I worry about it too much at this point, but does he have the inverted W delivery? Looked like it to me.

That's what I thought at first, but if you look more closely, he actually doesn't (anymore). He used to, but he changed his mechanics a bit, and now he doesn't have it.

http://i52.tinypic.com/103zuok.jpg

I got the best picture I could. In that one, you can see that his elbows do not go above shoulder level, so it's not the Inverted W.

Thanks for the still frame. It was hard to tell in real time.

Archived