Brewer Fanatic

Dillard

EbbaStClaire
Virtually every brewer fan recognizes the Brewers need for starting pitching. Tim Dillard has pitched very well during the past six weeks including his last 4 starts. Just maybe he is becoming more comfortable and confident in his new delivery. Why not add him to the 40 man roster and give him 4-5 starts before the season ends? There is always a danger that a team overlooks its own farmhands ability. The old "grass is greener on the other side of the fence", like overlooking R. A. Dickey who would have looked nice in a Brewer uniform this year.

I was just posting a similar comment in yesterday's game thread. I can't understand what they have to lose taking another look at Dillard. This is a team that should be looking under every rock for starting pitching and they have a guy (who they will lose otherwise) in their own system coming off 4 AAA starts where he's allowed 5 runs in 29 innings and who as a starter this year is 4-2 with a 2.77 ERA in 8 starts.

If he fails badly, let him go. If he shows something, isn't he worth a 40 man spot going into spring?

No instead they keep trotting FA to be Dave Bush out there as if he's got a future with the team.

I just got done posting elsewhere that I don't like Dillard enough to add him to the 40-man in the offseason, but this really isn't a bad idea. I don't see any reason to believe he would succeed as a MLB starter -- but what the heck. Take a look at anybody you control who has any chance to help. I wish we had people in line ahead of him to take flyers on this month, but we really don't, and we do have to make a decision about him.

A big problem with Dillard was this whole "let's turn him into a reliever" bit that occurred a few years ago. When he was racking up CG after CG in Brevard County, they needed to keep him as a starter.

I hate to say it, but Dillard could have been filling a spot the Crew was spending $5 million to fill for a while now.

Archived