Brewer Fanatic

WMLW upgrading broadcasts next year?

jeffy

Adequate picture last night for me, watching TWC on our 8 year old SD tube TV.

I did not notice any difference between TWC 7 and 882 (WMLW is on both channels) last night, I did not think to check if there might be a difference previously, not that I would expect a difference.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree with Casey that it's much better on old set. In response to Danzig, I just got my Masters to be a librarian, but gov't jobs are non-existent right now, so I have to be a Brewers' fan on the cheap. I bought Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday terrace tix for about six bucks apiece to about 20 games. I also go to games on the Uecker seat. I almost never buy food/beverage at the stadium. Don't mean to rant at you, but there are a lot of avid Brewer fans out there going through hard times right now, and just wanted to give some of that perspective.

Somewhat amusingly, there is no Pittsburgh broadcast tonight, so any Pirates fans not among the few hundred at the game watching are doing so on MLB.tv, which is of course using the actual HD feed that WMLW is incapable of broadcasting. So people in Pittsburgh are watching WMLW in HD, while people in Milwaukee are watching WMLW in muddy SD.

Maybe a WMLW HD Facebook page would put on the pressure. It's worked for other stuff.

Interestingly, if you do a Google search for WMLW HD, this topic comes up second.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Looked okay to me too (on an SD TV), I did have to crank the brightness up to maximum, but because of the age of the CRT I already had had it at 94% for the FSN broadcast.

This year FSN is actually a bit of a problem for me. Lines get distorted, not sure how to describe it....maybe "buzzy" and some other distortion when camera moves quickly. I first noticed the problems with lines when watching some NCAA basketball tournament games in March. Not sure what changed as Brewer games, and I assume basketball tournament, was HD last year. Maybe it has something to do with them going to widescreen format? Last year Brewer games filled my 4:3 screen but this year it is letterboxed.

I minimized the FSN problem by turning sharpness way down (to 5%). I may have to move on from my archaic 8 year old TV technology...

I may have to move on from my archaic 8 year old TV technology...

I'd submit that it's 20-year-old technology on an 8-year-old set. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I see some likes on Sessile Fielder's Facebook page. That's a good start.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived